1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting Vent Mesh - Best Product?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Before I put my bumper back on, thinking about how debris gets in and rots rad etc, going to fix some mesh. Anyone know best adhesive to use? It’s not like seat vents I’ve done before as its front and needs to hold up to the wind at speed, so not certain on best product.
    Ta

2. If the adhesive is not seen I've used araldite without problem.
    I stuck the mesh in the V piece in front of the oil cooler on the 748, it gets all sorts of muck and filth, still good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Plus one for araldite but tack in place with hot glue gun first to hold it steady as the resin cures.

4. I used black bath sealant - sticks like a bastard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Araldite - which one?

6. Don’t have one

7. Araldite Rapid

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Rapid if you don’t have a glue gun. Black sealant is also a great option.

9. So long as the mesh is a good fit just hold in position with pegs or a bit of weight while it goes off.

10. I was planning to use Tiger Seal to secure my vent mesh because it remains flexible, unlike Araldite.

Tiger Seal is specifically designed for use on car body panels and trims. I’ve never used it before, but the guys on the VW Caddy forum that I’m a member of swear by it for sticking boy racer chav tat to their vans.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. How about an epoxy glue?

12. Don't use a mesh with too small holes - it'll act like a wall and cause overheating.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 6 inch nails

14. Top. Just bought a bag of those :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information