1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flybmi Goes Into Liquidation

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by noobie, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Hopefully no one will be effected. They have gone into liquidation this evening so if any of you have tickets with them soon or in the future, then you might want to contact them, your travel agent or bank

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Been in trouble for a while.

So this won't be happening.

Flybmi: New Derry to Manchester flight to open soon
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    By Eamon Sweeney 10:41 Friday 1st of February 2019

Aviation firm flybmi has said it will officially announce a new flight between Derry and Manchester in the next few weeks.

Representatives of the company and City of Derry Airport (CoDA) have confirmed the new route will be confirmed by the middle of February and that a two year extension of the existing and subsidised daily flybmi flight to Stansted will be announced at the same time.

The long anticipated route to Manchester will also mean that flybmi's network of partnerships with international airlines means that people can begin their long range trips from here.

3. Airlines typically run on about 4-6 weeks of cash. Any kind of blip and they are in trouble.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. To be fair the whole question of Brexit has had an adverse impact on them and all UK airlines.
    They were just too* weak to cope with the additional stress.

#4 AirCon, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2020
  5. the pots are busy already i see.

6. This is part and parcel of life and nothing new!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The reason I put this thread up is more about if you do have tickets with them and didn't know about them going bust, then hopefully you do now and can do something about your ticket

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Appreciated:upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Bollox. . No business ever went bust before the threat of brexit ..
    How do you come up with this shit dude?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Living for a longtime with my eyes and ears open at all times:upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

#10 XH558, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. Whats this Brexit?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. The uk airlines are at a disadvantage since we voted to leave since the EU and it's member aren't treating us as future equal players (understandable :astonished:).

13. Bad for Exeter.
    Flybe is based here and is a fair-size employer :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Why? Have Flybe gone bust too? :thinkingface:

15. Clever clogs

Try saying Flybmi, then Flybe and you'll soon see why everyone still calls them Flybe down yer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I flew Newcastle - Exeter once with Flybe. The only time I've been on a plane with propellers. o_O

17. So it's the same company? :thinkingface:

18. I've done that route and To Jersey.

I was amazed how quiet the prop plane was, quieter than any jet I've been on I think.

My mate's RV9 is very much noisier. In fact you can't converse at all without headsets on.

19. flying's for mugs anyhoo. no good comes from it. we need more boats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I imagined it was, as the name is so similar but it seems, like a lot of other people, I was wrong. Mea culpa.

Flybe is also having problems and may be taken over by Virgin, so it was an easy mistake to make.
    Apparently, Flybe have had to put out a press release saying it's not them for that very reason.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information