1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Focus Mk3 Rs Ownership Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Justatad, May 27, 2019.

1. Always wanted a Tickford Capri :heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 2
  2. #Poser:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I've got some somewhere il have to dig um out. I loved that car too.

4. Id go for character every time....i raise thee a ford and counter with my old car (well, the wife drove it more than me) Renault 5 special (raider edition), owned by Renault for 2 years themselves and trotted out by renault on track days in the UK. While i cant prove it, it was rumoured to be driven by Mansell at the time as a, kind of, advert if you will for the 5 Turbo...apparently he used to drive it around whatever track he was at. Renault 1.JPG Renault 2.JPG
    I always wanted to put a dump valve on it...the wife said "fuck you...ill tell you what, ill buy a sodastream and when i change gear you press the button...."

• Like Like x 3
  5. I remember me and my best mate swapping cars one weekend. I had Capri 2.8 Special and he had a Renault 5 turbo. Circa 1988. It didn't end well. I smashed his 5 up big time. Still makes my blood run cold remembering what an utter twat I'd been..... :scream:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. Ha, I remember drooling over those. Bout the same time I was drooling over every bird I clapped eyes on... It was that stage of my life :):upyeah:

7. Like a turbo charged roller skate arent they.....!

8. EC2BBBC7-0F61-4A2F-993A-5309B588B67B.jpeg 1BD613A7-1CF5-4D4A-95DD-FF35CBD673ED.jpeg 1FF91C5E-92E6-4448-88D9-D68463D060BD.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  9. It was definitely a mega fun car in it's day, I loved em :p

10. Sold @£7K

11. How long ago did you sell it? thats a pretty food price for a MK 2 in todays market

12. Prob 5 years ago.
    Bought it much the same condition in 2001, minus the steel engine rebuild, for 1500

13. Think i may have missed the boat for old Fords, fetching silly money

14. Sold my unfinished MK2 RS2000 last summer for £10k - I regret it already but was never going to finish it in any realistic timescale :( still - if it gets back on the road I'll be happy

15. I had a Raider. Not for long and I remember the brakes used to stick on for some reason. But it was a fun car.

I have a soft spot for quite small turbo cars, hence my current one. :yum

16. The strangest thing about it was.....that it was totally reliable... Owner club guy said change the oil and coolant regularly and you'll never get a problem... Ran for 3 years with no issues until it got sold.... For a kitchen... And my gsxr went not long after for..... A roof...

• Like Like x 1
  17. #38 Robarano, May 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ooops :innocent::blush:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information