1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foggy Fp1

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Roadtrip, Apr 8, 2018.

1. downloadfile.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. There was a TV series about the development of the bike and I remember they had a lot of trouble with blowing oil seals.
    Steve

3. Yes, oil leaking was the biggest problem. Gaz lost confidence big style after the Imola crash.

4. Hold on, we've missed that the fella said they are hid dads bikes!!

Tell us more....like to ride, are they used...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I remember problems kept occurring couldn't remember what, I seem to remember now that Hayden had a two year contract or something like that yet couldn't ride not sure if that was mechanical reasons just very familiar there was problems, I like racking my brains and other peoples rather than googling fucking sick of googling everything

6. Thought he meant the rd wheels

7. I think the stalker #9 took there only win in 04. Awesome looking and sounding bike but due to rule change unfortunately made the 900 triple uncompetitive. I think the biggest problem with them was that they suffered with cooling problems.

Did they acheive any racing success?[/QUOTE]

8. A mate of mine worked at Ricardo engineering in Shoreham on the evo version of the engine. The bike had problems with producing too much heat when they wound the power up. It also cracked the exhausts on a regular basis. The Ricardo work centered around better oil and water circulation as i remember. They made it significantly more reliable and enabled a power hike but as said, not 1000c 4 power.

Suter designed the motor as i remember but got sacked off when they couldn't sort it's issues.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. I don’t think money was ever an issue.
    Foggy did very well out of it apparently.

10. Ducatidude, That must be good to have them in the family, have you ridden it.

11. James Haydon, mentions in his book that when he was flying to Germany ? for a race he said to his wife that he thought the bike was going to kill him as it was so bad to race and when he was about to leave Petronas he had a go on Troy corser's bike and was lapping around a second or two faster and it turned out Corser was given a better bike/package, (which I'm sure must happen a lot between teams)
    I remember watching them race at Brands in the good old days when WSB raced there.

Go back a good few years my son owned a screen from Craig jones FP1 bike but sold it on Ebay, i was not a happy when i found out, i do look out for Fairings etc from the FP1 but can never found them or know were to look,

#31 Roadtrip, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hayden was a good rider I'm sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Still races in the classic cup on occasion too. My wife's cousin, not that it means anything

14. Fair play that's cool, I'm sure he is still quick

15. yes, quick enough to win

16. I was at Monza one year when Haydon came through the first chicane with his arse literally on fire. The exhaust had gotten so hot that it set fire to the the under seat and subframe.

#36 Ash34, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  17. My old man only got the race one running last year in time for the festival of speedif I remember correctly. The road one was acquired during the winter and there is an issue with the ecu so we have not had it running yet. Will speak to my dad tomorrow for more info and will post on here

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Lovely looking and sounding bike.I want one.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information