1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foggy Fp1

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Roadtrip, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Thread resurrection - so if anyone still remembers these and is still interested.
    Fast Bikes mag in a couple of weeks will have a fairly extensive review of one actually being ridden over a week or so and even one of the original team riders taking it for a spin (not going to spoil it with who)
    I have seen some of the proofs of the feature and of course most of the pics, it will be worth buying or skim reading while at the airport.
    They are a fabulous bike, not half as problematic or an issue as many would assume.
    I commuted on mine today into Chester and it even rained a bit.
    No kittens were killed, no nuns were harmed, but my bollocks were certainly kept toasted.

And to put them in perspective - it is quite similar to the 749R in many ways, size, weight, riding position, even the motor feels and pulls very similar, but with a bit more violence up top and of course that sound !!

They are distinctive for sure, a real riders bike.

• Like Like x 8
  2. thought i would share these though
    0 miles - first outing at Anglesey. Managed 5 sessions at a very sedate and slow pace to help bed it in a bit.
    It did highlight a few small niggles and thing that needed sorting though as you would expect after being sat for 18 years.
    [​IMG]

Then a few road rides, before another outing to Donington last weekend for the CBT
    I had never ridden Donington before so it was a baptism of fire really.
    It also highlighted a slipping clutch when hot - result of a Ducati slave cylinder ironically.

[​IMG]

To work on its not that bad, access to the battery is a bit of a pain, but the engineering in the bike is astonishing even for its day, it all seems to work, all seems quiet reliable so far except for some small niggles.
    Bit extreme for a daily, but as with all my bikes it will be used, enjoyed thrashed, maintained and looked after.
    For the investor types, there are worse things to be putting your hard earned into. but then again - lifes to short to just sit and look at stuff like this and not actually get out and enjoy them as intended.

• Like Like x 22
  3. Good to hear of a member on here who has one, next time you have the fairings off could you put a few photos up on here,
    I will keep an eye out for the mag write up :upyeah:

#83 Roadtrip, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. No problem

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  5. Thanks, the dash looks very retro compared to today’s bikes, looks like you have had the spanners out on it,
    Was your bike one of the Lanzante ones in post 60 and 64.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Adore these

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. No. mine came from the horses mouth so to speak.
    Yes done quite a bit on it so far, all the usual stuff you would expect for a bike sat for 18 years.
    Fork seals, clutch slave, fluids, battery, the OEM Michelin pilots were like plastic.
    Reg reg failed instantly, gene has dropped a winding and is a bit low on charge with lights on at low RPM, however it fuels wonderfully and is silky smooth and easy to ride. it fuels better than lots of bikes i could name of similar age (749R, R7, most early Honda injection bikes) and is really a very nice bike to ride.

• Like Like x 2
  8. My mate was chatting to you at Donington (unless there were 2 up there!) the other week so I’ve got a nice pic of the bike from him! Fair play for using it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cheers Chris i will look out for it.

10. Agreed. I’m the same, don’t have the patience for podcasts but they’re really good

11. About 1:12:00 ......

12. Felt a bit sorry for James regarding this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I was there that day.
    The bike they used was the one from SportsBikeShop which my pal Paul had prepared for them.
    It was at Blyton and the more observant may notice there are actually 2 bikes pictured.
    The one ridden by Tony (and no one else was allowed to ride it) has short side panel decals and he wears a dark helmet.
    I let Chris (PS) and Paul, and then Tony ride mine so a couple of the pics are of my bike.

It was interesting to compare how they felt 500 miles apart, the certainly get looser and more willing the more they are used !!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information