1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Foggy V4

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by ResB1299, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Is it one of those top yoke plaques that has sliding numbers you can move around like one of those children’s toys that had sliding tiles in a plastic frame?
    It’s 1 of 150.
    Next week it’s 1 of 250.
    Next year Foggy rep RR SPS 1 of 10:grinning:

2. If they have already made one but given it the number XXX, wouldn't that make it XXX of 501 made?

3. What is it with Ducati and all of these limited specials? Soon they will be making one to celebrate the canteen lady Giorgia's 25yrs without burning the toast.:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Well that may be some time from now as we are moving house next week and the bikes will be going into storage until the new man cave (garage/annexe) is built plus I have to go into hospital the day after for cervical spine surgery so it's unlikely I will acheive much more in the time remaining. Got some goodies en route to fit but most of them will have to sit in a box until I can pick up where I left off. At least I can concentrate on the bodywork in the bike's absence so come it's return I will be able to crack on at a more feverish pace, assuming my (by then) bionic anotomy has healed up OK.

5. Hey you,all the best with that there up & coming operation:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. They've obviously seen Steve Wright's love song compilation collection success...…
    Love songs for a damp Thursday afternoon, Love songs for a week on Wednesday when the mother in law goes home, Love songs to listen to whilst eating non-burnt toast from Giorgia in the Ducati canteen etc.... ;)

7. Good luck with the op and man cave project, sounds like a busy time ahead

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Hope the operation goes well Top and you and yours are all okay

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Maybe they haven't got a Halfords near them, to buy Rover 75 gold paint.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Wish it was that easy to colour match. Took the Cerakoting company an age to get the colour right. No off-the-shelf colours available (at least not for Cerakote) and in any case Ducati won't release any colour codes for the magnesium casings, cannot for the life of me think why. I do think heralding the 916 by sugarcoating a V4S is a bit bonkers but no doubt they will sell them all. Personally I think they should have just sold the Hayden Replica V4 and/or made a run of limited edition V2's in a revisited 916 design.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Well it's definitely an S. From the picture I am assuming it is just a paint job, black frame, etched top yoke and a different seat pad. Seems you get less and less for the extra dosh they are bound to demand for this "special". I think it also sports some rizoma clutch and brake levers, bar ends and fuel cap and possibly some different rearsets with carbon heelguards. Wheels appear to be either gold Marchesinis or V4S/V4R wheels painted gold. Front and rear hugger still look like plastic however. That's about it.

66609544_10157055633726351_3744425275463565312_n.jpg

12. Ducati are getting lax with their security if this image leaked out so easily the day before it's supposed to be unveiled. Looks like they even caught the helmet in shot, that he will be wearing, or is that an "extra" you can buy to go with the bike. From the matting and reflector board, this looks like the bike was in a studio being photographed for the brochure pics and online material. Exactly the same way the 1098 images were leaked out prior to EICMA. Someone got a mega bollocking for that. Not so sure this warrants any fuss by Ducati but the cynic in me wonders if this just a well orchestrated ploy.

#72 Topolino, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  13. I wonder if they are testing the waters to see if even 500 would sell?

14. I reckon we'll see a V4 Hailwood rep next :D

15. seriously, why dont ducati just start making red D shaped diamond earings for 100k and be done with it, then they wouldnt have to make motorcycles anymore :upyeah:

loosing their substance at a rapid rate imo : unamused:

is it really a case of the more expensive the bike is , the better ??!! Boils my p*** tbh.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. You do get what look to be plastic mudguards thrown in for free however.:joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Well, totally underwhelmed. S***e if I'm honest. Seems wrong having 916 plastered all over it. Even if it has 'R' internals I'm gunna leave this one alone. I can see why it's limited numbers now. :joy:

#77 ResB1299, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. How about a 916 shape with V4 engine!!!!!!
    I would pay good money AND wotsits for that !!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Having spoken to my local earlier today,only one unit per dealer outlet available,,,,,,,,,,,so be quick if you want/need it:upyeah:

20. Lol, good luck selling em, no dealer would want more than one.

I’m sure they will sell though.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information