1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale & Wanted

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AndyW, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I might have what your looking for, but not 100% certain if we are thinking about the same thing, have got a pic/image of the part you want.

2. Thanks BabyD.

The forum member in question(not me) has opted to buy new. I’m going to edit original post out.
    Appreciate you taking the time to answer.
    Thanks again.

3. I’m searching for the aluminum top box brackets, granturismo version if someone has them.

4. Is this still available and do you have a pic of it on the bike?

5. Sorry sold.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anyone have an Ohlins SCU they’d be willing to part with? The upgrade one to attain semi automatic suspension.
    Cheers.

7. Just a tip in case I save you some pain like I had.....
    The upgrade SCU doesn’t work if you’ve changed your springs!

8. Anyone selling a genuine top box for a 1260 in great condition?

9. good to know! I’ll have to check on that.

10. I have one, i will send you some pics later. Seat is an Else made one, check out his website.

11. Cheers dude but im sorted now, I got a touratech comfort of their website.

12. I disagree. I have had a firmer rear spring since nearly new, plus the ohlins scu from just after it came out. It works great.
    Why do you think it doesn't ?
    What doesn't it do right for you ?

13. If I can, I think the truth is in the middle. The SCU is a really strange product, it has huge limits if you compare it to the skyhook system or any other OEM semi-active system. The SCU doesn't know anything about the suspension position on it's travel, it just uses the ECU sensors to understand the rider intentions and it's riding style in that moment (maybe trying to understand if he is riding in town or in twisty corners). Then it makes changes on the hydraulic side, but it doesn't know what is really happening, it has been calibrated with the stock spring with a typical rider (72 kg like me? 100 kg like an average American man? Who knows?). This means that the SCU will work fine if you can replicate the suspension speeds of the ones that Ducati/Ohlins chose to calibrate it from. But it is really hard to know if your springs and weight ratio will be even roughly close to what they intended... You can just try and hope it is, I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hi guys,

New to the forum, just joined with a 1260S that has Akra headers + a Termi slip-on which is way too loud for touring, so selling the Termi carbon slip-on. Looking for 400, it's in good shape / comes with original box.
    Thought I'd post here before the bay, anyone interested?

15. Well, ish. I agree with most of what your saying, especially that it doesnt know where your riding, just how you are.
    That is why you should adjust the compression, rebound, and sag to suit you as a rider.
    The standard ohlins scu just sets it to a value as programmed for that riding mode / load. That does mean you can adjust the settings to suit your weight, riding style, and road. Its always a compromise because no two roads ever ride the same, given traffic and weather ,etc.

I fitted a firmer spring (to stop it porpoising in fast bends when fully loaded), fiddled with the static preload, and then adjusted the settings. It rides much better (for me) than what the factory setting was. If a 9 stone guy got on it though he would probably hate it.
    Incidentally, when the first bikes were delivered there was no consistency as to how the riding modes were set. That is why there is a table on Andy W's motorcycleinfo site, the first owners figured out what they should be, and adjusted accordingly. We all did a bunch of test rides and then shared our settings.

With the semi active SCU it takes a base value as a starting point (no idea what the base value is, I assume its the default ducati setting. Remember you have to clear the user setting, so you can't set your own preference) and plays about with compression and rebound based on speed, acceleration and riding mode / load. That is how it can be nice and soft at town speeds, but firm up as the pace hots up.
    You are right that there arent enough sensors to do a better job, since there is no telemetry for damper position, lean angle, brake force etc that the skyhook has, but it can still add / remove a bit of damping on the fly, and therefore get it right most of the time.
    Its an interesting topic. Ohlins is great when set up correctly, so the semi auto SCU has a tough job to improve on it.

16. Exactly. That.amount will be the same for me (70-75kg) as for a big guy (100-110kg or above), it can't add more to compensare the higher speed and lower height of the second rider because it doesn’t know what’s happening, it “presumes”. That’s what I was saying, hope it is clearer this time :)

17. The difference between my 1200S and the same 1200S with the Ohlins SCU was chalk and cheese. Despite appropriate static settings for my ample frame, the standard electronic Ohlins were IME, poor in Urban if you wanted to make progress. Fitted the Ohlins SCU and Urban became fun with the awful understeer under power gone, absolutely rock solid in bends. I also noticed quite a difference on track in Sport. I know the the Ohlins SCU has little information to work with but it makes a hell of a difference. Agree that it out performs the Sachs Skyhook. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bit off topic here, maybe start a new thread?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Yes, do it

20. If it’s any help I’ve had one for ages and it’s well worth the investment if you can find one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information