1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fork Adjustment Monster 620

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by Datboi, Sep 23, 2020.

1. If it is just that bump and it rides fine otherwise, can’t you just smooth the bump out?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. It feels alright on speed bumps and bumpy roads, it's just with shit like this that I have this issue, one time I hit something like this at 40km/h and I tho I left half of my engine on the road form the nasty noise it made

3. MY fear is hitting something like this faster and breaking the pipes and my back. When I hit a similar thing at 40km/h I felt my spine back up into my throat lol. Its like riding with no suspensions

I'm just wondering if it's normal or is something wrong with my bike

4. Wide the preload up, ride it, if it’s not enough wind it more. At some point get a stiffer spring or better shock :upyeah:

5. Odd thing is that it seems I'm the only one having the issue looking online, that's why I think its just the shock with the wrong setting rather than a bad shock.

I'm sorry, by wide the preload. You mean make it even stiffer correct? Question :if I make it stiffer, the spring compresses more thus making the bike even lower? So perhaps the trick is to make it softer?

6. Sorry I meant wind not wide, ie firm it up. It makes the sag less, ie how much it drops when you sit on it. And you’ll find it should be higher when you sit on it because it’s stiffer.

7. Another thought, do you have a ride height adjuster (can’t remember on a 620)? If so you could raise the bike a bit, but it will affect the handling a bit. It give more ground clearance.

I wound mine up as high as it would go and raise the front to match on my old race bike.

8. I'm not sure actually, is it like the bolt on the bottom of the shock? I'll check as soon as I get out the gym, I'll do a proper shock adjustment ad well i just need a mate to check with a ruler

9. Thanks, I'll have a look, BTW, I tried jumping with all of my 95kg on the bike while still, the suspension doesn't bottom out, should i still add preload to try to fix the bump issue?

10. What’s the worst that will happen? Just note where it is now and put it back if it’s not better

11. OK thanks, I'll try

12. I can't remember! Lol... I only sold it a few weeks back ..... I have read somewhere in the past that a 749 shock and ride height adjuster will fit a 620ie and give you better suspension and hight adjustability but I really don't know of this is correct.

13. I had a 916 shock fitted to mine so probably

14. Can I take my measurements like in this video? I wanna adjust it properly

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yes. Thats text book. FYI the threads are 1.0 mm pitch so one full turn on the forks changes SAG by 1.0 mm, one full turn on the shock spring gives approx 5.00 mm change in SAG.

Cheers
    TB

16. Thank you!

17. Forks aren’t adjustable

18. Oh I. Missed that, I tho he was talking about the rear shock

BTW how did you determine the forks aren't adjustable? By looking at them? I tho the adjustor's sit under that metal cap in bikes that have them. Didn't know they are exposed

Do Not Sell My Personal Information