1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fork Adjustment Monster 620

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by Datboi, Sep 23, 2020.

1. See Nelly’s post. But yes, looking at the cap.

Uou can do a few things tho:
    Change springs will help
    Or change oil level/air gap which can help the front end to hold up better (done that on older 583 monsters and works well)
    Also add different weight oil (also dome that, imho the air gap works best)
    Another ‘trick’ if you run progressive springs is cut that bit off and replace with hard spacer. I used small drain pipe and cut to length and amended depending on feel. Worked a treat and cost a fiver!

2. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173743271711
    these are st2 adjustable one, you can see the difference in the caps. They make great straight swap alternatives for 620 but not these ones, as the seller will be lucky to get £20 given their shite condition!

3. Good point. I'd focussed on the video so much I'd forgotten the OEs forks weren't adjustable.

Still on the upside for those with adjustable forks the fact applies.

TB

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wtf, my bike only had 7mm of sag at the back, maybe the problem was too much preload

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wow!

6. ok nvm i'm a total imbecil and was mesuring wrong :D

it was definitely too lose after proper measurement with the help of yes, my mom, because my wife and my friends were too busy wanking to actually help me for once lol.

anyways. before it was 60mm of sag. with me in flipflops, a t shirt, and empty bags, so probably more like 70 on a full stomach with gear and some shit in the back.

anyway's now i put the sag at 29mm, the bike feels super hard now, but it's how it should be. i'm gonna test ride it tomorrow, it definitely drops less when i sit on it, before if i sat hard the kickstand would scratch the ground if it was down, now it doesn't.

it took me about 2 hours of banging with a damn screwdriver and a hammer because i didn't have the right tool. it gets the job done (also previous owner did the same because there were marks so clearly he was doing the same shit with a screwdriver LOL)

7. 60mm....May explain a bit ;)

8. Honestly I'm really learning a lot since I got this bike, I knew nothing about how an engine worked 1 year ago, now I rebuild the brake calipers, bled the brakes, rebuild the master, changed tires, oil, going to change the belt and chain soon and other stuff

Part of the fun of owning a bike for me is working on it, I really enjoy it. Thank god for forums like this lol

Tomorrow I'll test drive it and report back

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hang on ... who was doing the wanking ?

10. MY wife obliviously, it's 2020 after all.

Ok no fuck that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Anyways now it works wonders, turns out the issue was preload after all. I'm. Sure glad I fixed it

• Like Like x 1
  12. Result and free fix :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information