1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula1.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DD DucDave, Mar 22, 2018.

1. It's all very interesting until the time they actually start driving....absolute horseshit as a spectacle in my opinion, amazing technology, although to be fair if stood on a good vantage point near the action I imagine it is impressive seeing how quick they can Corner, personally I'd rather pull my own teeth than go watch it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. On track, the change of direction of the cars is the biggest spectacle.

In 2014 I stood I sat at the back of the empty stand at Stowe for the first free practice. The first car out was a Red Bull. It drove along the straight at full beans and couldn’t be heard at the back of the stand. As it turned in the noise of the tyres and rush of displaced air could be heard above the motor. Only when it approached 90 degrees to the stand could the motor be heard. I’ll never forget it because after the V12’s V10’s and V8’s that could be heard anywhere on the circuit, it was such a disappointment.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The best race ever was at the European GP in 1993 (Donnington). Where a certain Ayrton Senna went from 5th to 1st place in half a lap. 2nd to this was Mansell & Senna Spain 1991 doing 180+ down the main straight looking at how close they could get without touching each other.

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 23.49.59.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. Best bit of F1 that i miss is the drivers, they had character. Prost, Senna, Schumacher, Mansell, Hill, Clarke, Piquet.....etc the list goes on. You might not like them but there was no denying they made the sport better. I think Vestappen is good for the sport, but even he is a great big baby and when things don't go their way they get on the radio winging to Charlie. They all are spoilt brats, with freebe watches,cars and boats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. How about the redundant grid girls are used as pit crew?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Watched a bit of practice and the stupid Halo thing is in the way of the on board ( bored ) camera footage.

7. I quite enjoyed it

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I was flicking around the T.v channel's today and stayed for two/three minute's,,lewis has a Halo:innocent: when he's outside the car and now he's got one inside the car as well,,change channel's: unamused:

9. So, the race was decided by a glitch in the race strategy computer programming. And with 5 seconds between first and second place I bet that was exciting to watch.

10. wheres the 'Spoiler' in the title.......oh hang on, that was the supposed race...yawn!

11. Well put. Says it all really. I was thinking the same thing when I read about it. Glad I didn’t get up. Had a swift look on my phone at 06.10 and saw Hamilton got the hole shot and thought (correctly) it would be a snooze fest all the way to the stripe. So I decided to join in the fun. Snoozing.

12. Lewis chasing down Vettel was no snore fest nor was Ricciardo chasing Kimi. Good to see Macca/ Alonso in the game. You maybe missed a good season opener...

13. Thanks for the heads up. And all because of you Jez I’ll watch it later....

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  14. :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wayne if you don't get it, you don't get it!

Two of the fastest cars in the world, driven by the two drivers who have won all (bar one) of the last eight world championships between them racing to close a gap of five seconds down to less than one second. Still not enough for you? Its the opening race of the season which will decide which of them equals Fangio on five championships. Fans of F1 haven't seen a race for months. Still don't get it?

I don't think you're going to get it!

16. Sadly not Jezza, bores me to absolute tears :sleeping:

• Like Like x 1
  17. What I dont get is that it appeared to be decided by a computer programme. Where is the racing in that?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. Chris Harris summed it up on Top Gear last night after showing a clip of Lorenzo and Rossi
    "There's more action in one lap than a whole season of Formula one"

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. I certainly agree, but as a side note, Top Gear getting a bit shit now, why do they keep going to the states to test muscle cars I wonder ?? Lets get rid of Le Blanc and have someone slightly less one dimensional in there ??

20. It may be because Le Blanc and co don't have the Kudos in the car world like Clarkson and co and don't get the access to Europes car market so have no choice but to give us the American shite
    There has been a lot of American input this series

Do Not Sell My Personal Information