1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Four Grand Markup On First Two Speciale In The Uk :(

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Monners, Apr 7, 2018.

1. I wonder if that was linked to the Euro price at a point in time, but the rules did state £ so it could have an affect on the euro price fluctuating :thinkingface: and cheaper ones available over the water :splat:

2. Ah, I see. Thanks Samieb. Apologies if I was being thick.

• Like Like x 1
  3. No guarantees of course, but in order to keep WSBK and MGP separated, I think WSBK or Dorna are trying to keep WSBK using more road biaised bikes and priced accordingly. Look at recent processional years in WSBK with the big 2 (Ducati & Kawasaki dominance). Having spoken to someone who attended the 1299SL Superbike Experience last June 2017, he had to sign his life away when he rode the Ducati 1199R FO17 bike. Its price if he crashed was in the region of £170K and thats just the bike, no spares etc. So the capping is a good idea if it works.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I don’t get the warranty comments, surely 2 years is 2 years, it doesn’t matter whether it’s the start or end of the season, you’ll still get the same riding time?

5. The point was, if the bike was delivered in October, the OP wouldn’t be riding it until later the next year. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. This is really interesting, thank you. I didn’t know any of this.

7. I’m being pedantic but you get the exact same riding time over 12 months of the year no matter when you get it. I guess it’s a sweetener for the delay but it’s not wasted warranty time.

8. Won't the warranty be like Schrödinger's cat if you are leaving it with 0 miles but in it's box? You may never ride it but the warranty starts from when you take ownership. How will you ever know if there is ever anything wrong with it?

9. Lets not forget that you can extend the factory warranty at point of purchase for a extra 2 years for £849, so all this worry about warranty time is a bit pointless, unless you decide not to take the extended warranty.

10. Why would you need a warranty? Ducati’s never break down.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Me i keep off the sports bikes , mostly because im not skilled enough to extract the bonkers & mind blowing performance and there is the cleaning lol ... no but personally yes there expensive but the development and technology that makes a modern sports bike and lets face it nothing much can touch them on the roads if i had the money id by one. Id love the Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro Pro ....

12. Well maybe being just a little bit to critical here, I guess if you are riding a £20K plus bike and even considering buying one you are not working 9 to 5 on minimal wage. Maybe a few running your own business or maybe generating revenue and profit for others or maybe making living investing. And yet some poor bloke is some kind of devil because he is doing the same with red motorbikes. same as the bastardly Porsche salesman. Wake up and smell the roses profit makes the world go round and there's money to be made from richmans toys. Richard

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Well maybe being just a little bit to critical here, I guess if you are riding a £20K plus bike and even considering buying one you are not working 9 to 5 on minimal wage. Maybe a few running your own business or maybe generating revenue and profit for others or maybe making living investing. And yet some poor bloke is some kind of devil because he is doing the same with red motorbikes. same as the bastardly Porsche salesman. Wake up and smell the roses profit makes the world go round and there's money to be made from richmans toys. Richard

14. Yeh, pesky link :mad:

15. Copy of text ......

I do a fortnightly service to & from northern Italy Germany etc

I thought I’ll put a update of sum of the bikes I’m moving lately,

Be collecting sum stunning bike recently

The first 2 V4 Specials into the uk collected from Italy.

Stunning collection of a lads bikes going into our storage for acouple of weeks while he moves from Malton Down south.

Also Afew other bikes which have been moved around the uk aswell
    As Europe

Cheers Mike

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. recently

The first 2 V4 Specials into the uk collected from Italy.

Stunning collection of a lads bikes going into our storage for acouple of weeks while he moves from Malton Down south.

Also Afew other bikes which have been moved around the uk aswell
    As Europe

Cheers Mike

kopite30

www.motomovers.uk
    upload_2018-5-1_19-15-16.jpeg

upload_2018-5-1_19-14-45.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-1_19-14-12.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. So direct from Italy not Germany:thinkingface: I wonder if from the factory :thinkingface::thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information