1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Four Grand Markup On First Two Speciale In The Uk :(

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Monners, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Oh help us, not another one that's going to end every post with his first name printed out? Please, don't end every post with 'Richard' Richard. Joe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Not necessarily the same 2 bikes. If I'm told they are from Germany, I'm happy to take that at face value. Andy

3. Just they were the first 2 in the UK, as these were supposed to be - but yes, could be a little bit of romancing from either of them...

4. and they would've got away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky kids

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Manchester said they were from Germany too. Could be a diversionary tactic by Ducati UK?

6. My guess is Factory supplied.........................:eyes:

7. Of course the factory supplied them, just not to Elite Superbikes :rolleyes: Andy

8. Scooby Doo!! Baaaah.... ha ha ha ha etc....

9. You seem confident Shaggy :eek:

10. You don’t need to be running your own business or an investment banker to afford a 20k/30k bike, it’s quite an obtainable machine.

To me this behavior contradicts everything about motorcycles and just turns it into some boring collectible - clearly people are entitled to do this but I generally think it’s a shame. There’s nothing innovative or productive about it, they’re essentially ticket touts.

Some manufacturers see this as a free marketing initiative to increase brand value, and others view it as I’ve described above so they try and ensure vehicles are going to owners who intend to keep them for a few years at least...

• Like Like x 1
  11. When the limited edition Norton Domiracer was released in 2014 it was £26k I think. They now go for £40k, including one at the place in Sheffield.

Economics, short supply and in demand price goes up. £4K mark up could turn out to be a bargain, or it might not. Someone will probably pay it, their money their choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I don’t have a problem with the appreciation of a bike, but when a brand new model is allocated to Mr flip it’s a bit shitty in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Can we only use the expression Mr Flip when referring to Sheffield now, please? I love it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Take your pick;The Purse In North / The billonaires Shop / Mr Fancy Pants / Mr Flip:thinkingface:

15. Mr Flip is my favourite. It speaks of his MO, rather than the MOney of his customers.

16. I understand SMC sold 5 Speciale's. One had my name on it but alas I opted not to buy on this occasion, partly due to the price and partly due to the fact I didn't like the look of it as much as the twin.

I think what winds people up about paying a mark-up on a new bike is those who want to buy for instance a Speciale at list price but can't. Maybe becasue they were not in the right place at the right time or have a relationship with a main dealer where they get first refusal. The only way of getting one is buying off a business/individual which has secured one at list price, but isn't intersted in the bike per se, other than making a profit on it. Purely a business transaction if you like. Buying bikes for most of us I would suggest is becasue we love the things and it hurts when your in a position to buy a bike off a main dealer, but can't, however just can't bring yourself to pay someone/or a business that is profetering. I'm not against it, but can understand their point of view.

[edit] - Probably can't get insured for it in any case! :(

17. Well according to their website they still have two, just in case any of you were chomping at the bit ;)

However, what I've found most compelling about their website is that it also offers 'similar' vehicles to the V4 Speciale.

Just save your money fellas, buy the rd350 and the fastest A-B bike known to man......drum roll.......the multistrada :upyeah:

Remember, and I quote, 'Your dream is their passion '

Sounds like a greasy swingers club to me

75692F3B-6F66-43EC-B926-334A64239F47.png

14195E78-EF1E-4EBC-9CD2-FE1BE8FB27D3.png

8BC33FA1-F8DF-42D2-8AB2-77C1715A5375.png

18. Few on Autotrader at list.

19. Ha! I’m still looking for a good 900 Darmah for under £2k, or an XT500 for under £750, or an H1 Kwack triple for less than £500. They all used to exist, but not any longer!

20. Why would anyone buy a Speciale at the moment when the V4R is similar money?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information