1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Four Grand Markup On First Two Speciale In The Uk :(

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Monners, Apr 7, 2018.

1. it doesn't surprise me , if you want one they'll find you one I have no doubt

2. I totally agree. At the time, I felt giving him a part of the Deposit was the right thing to do (I’d paid 3k up front) so, as an act of now-baffling-to-me kindness, and on the advice of a legal friend who said whilst I had the right to the money getting it was likely to take ages and ages (like everything else even slightly connected to MV), so I offered to give him £1500 as he was going to be stuck with paying for a 38k bike. I figured getting £1500 quid back straight away and putting the whole disappointing situation behind me was for the best.

I shouldn’t have done it. I’ve never done anything like it before (I’m really not that well off) and I won’t be doing it now either, despite the deposit only being £500.

• Like Like x 1
  3. In December 2007 I ordered a 1098 and was told delivery would be March 2008. After several promises I still hadn’t seen it by July. I cancelled the order and got my deposit back the same day, which was a Saturday (morning). That afternoon I ordered and paid for a GSXR1000 from Taz in Peterborough. I also sorted out insurance. It was delivered on the Sunday to my house.

And it was one of the best bikes I’ve ever had.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Like I say, I regret it, massively. £1500 is a big deal to me, but because this chap was essentially a one man band with an MV franchise I fell for both what he told me, and also fell prey to for better, less useful instincts to not want to see anyone struggle. I realise I’m a mug.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Well that was a very decent gesture to make, even if he still bad mouthed you afterwards.

At the end of the day these are big companies manufacturing these bikes, they're not lovingly crafted by a couple hard up Italians sweating blood and tears to hit a deadline.

If MV and Ducati can't get their shit together that's theirs and their dealers issues, not anyone else.

Back to the case in point, if I'd been told that I'm now looking at an October delivery I'd tell them it's unacceptable.

To meet them half way the only way October would be acceptable would be they take delivery and not register the bike and arrange with Ducati that it's warranty doesn't start until March 2019.

Or I'd ask for a 2019 production bike and take that next year in March

It's as simple as you've said, paying £35k for a bike that lands sometime in October just as winter begins is pointless, by the time you even run it in properly it'll only have 18 months warranty left.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You’re absolutely right. Thank you. This is exactly what I’m going to do.

7. @Nervy I would cancel the order and wait until the R becomes available

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Does anyone know details on the R yet?

9. Having spoken to my dealer today to discuss options, I found out my Speciale is probably due in June, hopefully early enough to take it away. Initially I was told late Q3 earlier this year, which I wasn't too happy with as @Nervy mentioned and just sits in the garage for several months. Should I decide to not take up the SP option, my dealer has several people on the reserve list and my deposit will simply move onto the V4R due April/ May 2019. The rumour milll has been doing the rounds that Ducati will extend the V4SP run, as they have with other models in the past. Whilst the Speciale is very nice in the flesh, I'm wondering @£35K for the V4R (due to WSBK homologation rules for 2019) how the 2 will be different and value for money. R models are always special, so may not be huge disappointment if I wait until 2019 for the V4R. Having had a 1098 Tricolore and also had a 1098R, I much preferred the 1098R.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Find a dealer who'll return your deposit and simply order the R, worry about specs in November when its launched.

11. I’m totally with you on this, and would much prefer the R, however my concern is that all I’m doing is setting myself up for a third round of the ‘Look forward to a thing- expect a thing- thing doesn’t arrive’ misery go round.

I am - of course- aware that there are worse problems to have.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Don't worry, I'll be selling R models with a £4k mark up so just order them from me :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I can’t do that without at least knowing the price. I was selling everything to get the Delayedialé.

14. Mine will be better with a £10k mark up :innocent::yum

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. There are rumours about that the V4R MAY be announced at WDW in July. I know there is definitely one new model being announced at Misano.

16. Then buy the Delayediale.

17. If you haven't already put a deposit on a V4R, don't expect to be allocated one from the first production run. The successful launch of the V4 road bike resulted in a rash of deposits even though no-one knows the spec or when it will be available. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  18. I’m not struggling to decide between the two, chum. I’m just trying to ascertain the price of the one you mentioned as an alternate. I’ve no idea of it’s cost. Do you? If the Noshowialè can’t be delivered at a useful time but the V4R can and I can afford it then- as you say- it’s a better option.

19. £35K

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nervy, due to WSBK homologation rules for 2019 the price is likely to be capped @£35K. I think that the V4R will have a basic price with add-ons parts at a price. We have seen this with the V4SP whereby the Magnesium wheels are a £3800 extra over the standard chicken feet forged Marchesini's. I do think that more options will be available on the R. If you wanted a Pukka V4R the sky is the limit on price.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information