1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Frame Sliders

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Multirider75, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Has anyone found any decent frame sliders for the V4? Engine bars are overkill, I just want something to protect the plastics, should the worst happen. Seems odd that there’s nothing out there.

2. I think the lack of a frame makes it hard to design something that will work.

Anything that can be attached would need to be fixed to the engine.

3. I’ve not had a look at the V4 up close tbh. Are there no points they could bolt to then? Where are the mounting points for the engine bars; could any of those be utilised?

4. The Engine bars bolt to the engine but the load is shared. A single point of impact might well wreck the engine casings.

5. I’ve had them on several naked bikes, each time they bolted to the engine.

Veetwin may have a point though, maybe they haven’t done them as they’d look odd.

Just seems strange that there’s nothing out there, other than engine bars.

6. Fair points.
    Its a big heavy bike though and even a topple over means a lot of weight hitting the crash bung.

Mine went down in a petrol station and the fairing side panel took most of the impact and survived pretty well with just a few scratches. A new one was £65.

7. If parts aren’t that expensive, I won’t worry too much then!

8. Had an email exchange with Evotech, they’ve got another V4 coming in next week, so are going to get these in production.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information