1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Andoid based Ducati Diagnostic Software

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chrisw, Mar 7, 2013.

1. USB initially - because it's easy and I don't want bluetooth to get in the way of any debugging. After that I might go for bluetooth - as it happens, I have a module from a dud Chinese copy of an ELM327!

2. I'm making some progress with this... I have the STN1110 board, a usb uart, all the cables needed together with a spare iaw59 and a scope. It all works nicely with ducatidiag and I'm getting some better understanding of the initialisation sequence.

3. Does anyone have any information on the control codes used by the ECU - I'm particularly interested in the IAW59MA3 (ST4s) but any data would be of assistance.

I'm getting some sensible info from the ECU - but it would help to have some hints...

I know for example that if I send 30 05 07 to the ECU it will turn on the fuel pump - and the ECU will respond with 70 05 07 confirming success of the command.

I have discovered a good number of other commands - but the meaning of some responses is at best difficult - for example, 18 00 FF 00 appears to request fault code data - my test ECU responds with 58 0C 01 05 E2 01 15 A1 01 10 A1 05 60 A2 03 35 E4 03 51 A2 03 52 A2 02 30 E4 04 80 E4 01 20 E1 06 54 A2 D6 00 E8 - but I don't yet know what this means.

Any hints and tips would be of assistance.

Thanks, David

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think JP over on Ducatidiag should be able to help

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chrisw.
    Thanks for that; I'll contact JP.
    David

6. I know this is resurrecting an old thread, but ive just tried the app with an obd2 bluetooth adapter and fiat 3 pin cables and it worked flawlessly!
    From the first plug in it took all of 5 mins to pair the devices ( galaxy s6 phone) and adapter and get access to the ecu and reset the service indicator, adjust the CO trimmer and reset the tps.
    I used this adapter

http://lonelec.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=57&search=Obd2+

With this cable.....

http://lonelec.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=62&search=Ducati

The app (scan m5x) was easy to use and not at all complicated.

Bike now runs beautifully

Do Not Sell My Personal Information