1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Standing Bedroom Furniture

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Any advice on some good quality chest of draws etc.

Went out at the weekend and just couldn't find anything that we really liked.
    Prices seemed ridiculous...
    £900 for small set of draws, you can get half a kitchen for that!

Any good suggestions for shops, brands, websites etc.

Which seems to have nothing, I don't think I could do an Ikea trip again... it's like Disney, you only have one or two trips in each human body.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Secondhand, gumtree, viva street, eBay, some real bargains

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. The amount of furniture I see for sale secondhand that goes for peanuts, example sofas often have cost between £1000 and £3000 then go for like £200 in good condition, I moved a monster corner sofa yesterday it was £50 in good condition and leather, must have been £1500 minimum, just get used drawers and paint them to match wherever they are going, I see some really nice furniture that has been painted, drawers are £40 to £70 then chalk paint and imagination it’s fun and rewarding

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Half a kitchen!!! What, half a tiny one from the Howdens trade range? Times that by 10 minimum for most we install and that is off the shelf crap...
    Anyhu, like Carl is saying, look to ya 2nd hand and even antique market places.... some of the stuff I've put in skips is mental....

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. There’s s top place in Barmouth called Pieces For Places, we stumbled across it last year, it’s full of individual odd bits of quality furniture.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm looking for bedroom furniture Chiz, not dead hookers. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Same thing No?

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. Used to be some good places at the bottom of Wandsworth Bridge Road, (probably 15 years ago now) but I had a load of very solid bespoke pine stuff made there and for not a great deal more than pressed cardboard stuff available elsewhere at the time

• Like Like x 1
  9. I buy a lot of furniture from local auctions

Try TheSaleroom.com

High end https://www.lotsroad.com/

Thing with antiques you can sell on again later - Ikea and most modern stuff ends up in the skip unless you pay the £££ with someone like Indigo furniture or get made by a local chippy (salt & vinegar not included )

• Like Like x 1
  10. We’ve got this stuff, they do oak or Canadian pine which actually looks like oak but cheaper
    https://www.indigofurniture.co.uk/?...I8jNtF5nUceTY6kcegz1wfXu8GVTkI0BoCTqcQAvD_BwE

• Like Like x 1
  11. I got all my pine stuff from a local shop
    Had it 20+ years and it still looks good
    7 pieces cost £1000 back then

• Like Like x 1
  12. Depends on your style but we have all our bedrooms kitted out with the following brands...

• Laura Ashley
    • Marks & Spencer’s
    • Feather & Black
    All of which can be searched on eBay and great deals had.

13. Perhaps doctor who could get a bargain then!! ;)
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  14. Have a look in Oak furniture Land or Harveys...

There is a lot of online retailers too..

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Made.com i you want modern stuff
    Local Auction if you want old stuff - it fetches peanuts

#15 Twin4me, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  16. Mrs Arq bought 3 bow-fronted yew wardrobes in new condition from a house clearance shop......£50......

.......OK, we have an old house, but I hate the f-ing things.

I bought a double bed for £900 31 years ago - nickel plated and brass frame; with a sprung wooden slat springy mattress support. Still OK. Probably worth £3.00 now.

17. As others have said, Auctions and auction sites are good for some bargains (I got an £800 dining table and chairs for £24 and my parents got a 4 month old electric reclining sofa set for £250), but you have to be patient and prepared to go and collect. If you cannot wait, the best experience I have had was with M&S. Good quality items and a half decent price, and they come and build them and take away the packaging!!

18. Solid mahogany. Ex demo bargain
    2736E44C-8F01-4077-870E-C71F390BEDD1.jpeg
    B92017CF-15A5-4E10-9078-4D6D53CBB238.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Must make a note of that: Thinks he is Henry VIII

20. Ahem... got married at Hever castle too :joy:

It’s the wife. She loves the Tudor era. The garage is orange Ikea units for comparison

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information