1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 From Street To Track

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Tiago Correia, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Always room for improvement;)

2. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. My apprentice master would have had a fit with that wire locking, it's atrocious. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. The top yoke is a work of art:upyeah: by far the most beautifully engineered part at a reasonable price....

2CC7C1DD-0F48-4A36-9982-2CE2773D48B3.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. The weight saving from the drivetrain is quite remarkable:eek: especially with 520 conversion. Also replaced all the larger fixing bolts with Ti items, including exhaust bolts...

2A1755F8-EE38-44D8-A680-8793C85E0988.jpeg 5FB463EB-F11B-450A-B6E9-970A25F46E3A.jpeg 29F7744A-2567-4180-815D-096B122A5A53.jpeg F5749F2D-7652-4092-BF78-75525F678F22.jpeg FB2C3DEC-DEFB-41BA-AD28-B3A3A72EFC23.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. What are you actually getting from a 4 -500 quid investment in that top yoke other than it looks pretty......i know the offset is already at 30mm std but i would and will look to pay a bit more and get a set of yokes with the adjustable inserts...IMA for example

6. Does look nice. And I like that ejector seat button. Fuck! I’m gonna crash! Whooooophhh!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Nothing other than pure indulgence! It is obviously lighter.... I wouldn’t have paid that amount! Think it worked out just over 300 sheets.... I got a couple of hundred back on my old Ducabike one from the 959 so it had to be done:punch:

8. I'm not professional rider to try and feel differences in offset, why would i pay even more for something that i don't aim too?
    I'm only looking for different and pretty look with this top yoke. For 330£ it does the job very nice and enjoy what i have :upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. It looks awesome and that kill switch match very well!!:upyeah::upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. How much saved?

11. From memory with the drive train... so DID ERV3 520 race chain, Renthal lightweight front and rear sprockets, Front sprocket - one tooth less... Renthal lightweight carrier, CNC flange, plus both hub and rear wheel nuts, lightweight Polly Cush drive with Ti pins, Grade 5 sprocket nuts plus Ti flange nuts, and 2 Ti lock clip rings for wheel nuts, 1 TI front sprocket bolt and washer. Almost equated to half the weight of all the OE a components removed.... Significant reduction in moving mass.....

• Like Like x 2
  12. Do you know how much MPH you lose in 6th? Went 2 up on the rear (similar to 1 down on front I think) on my RSV4 and lost 10mph which was annoying at portimao. Wanna upgrade the chain/sprockets on mine but don’t wanna lose to much top end

13. Not if I’m honest, I took the advice from some other guys using similar setup for the track. I’ve have very limited time this year like most. Roll on next year:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Were you flat on the limiter then?

15. Yeah and getting overtaken by annoying S1KRR’s towards the end of the straight. I was seething:laughing: I hate those things

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. I had that a few times on my 848 that was -1 front , and after a session or two decided better to stay out the way and keep the revs down!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. When flat in top does it go all crackle, pop? Or does it just stop accelerating with no drama? Like a car?

18. Mine stopped accelerating but didn’t sound good.... try it I’m first and let us know on the new bike ;)

19. Yeah sounds and feels bad in all gears but never managed it in top... but my car just sits on the limiter in top, no drama. Smooth as a baby’s bum....

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yeah same! +2 rear sprocket on the limiter 170mph (GPS). My dash was showing 177mph. My mate on his gen 2 S1KRR was passing me at 176mph (GPS). His was dyno mapped though with full system so around 17-18bhp up on mine. Even so, I hated him and had to contain my rage when speaking to him after every session :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information