1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Brake Master Cylinder

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by johnboy, Oct 18, 2020.

1. ok thinking of replacing the master cylinder for the front brakes on my 750 ss ie
    was thinking of going down the route of brembo rc one
    but thought there are a lot of master cylinders on the likes of ebay
    from other models of ducati i.e 999, monster , streetfighter
    so has anyone else done this kind of swap if its viable or not
    i know the bore size is important etc so before i spend ages comparing info has anybody already covered this
    the main reason i am looking onto this is the seals on my unit are well past there sell by date
    i could track down a seal kit but curiosity in me wonders if other options are available
    (to much time on my hands to be honest lol)
    so the can of worms is open

2. is your bike single rotor or dual?
    single rotor is more tricky
    with dual rotor you have lots of options, simplest would an OEM 18mm master from another bike 749 999 848 1098 1198 even better would be also adding 4 pad calipers (749/999 )

3. double disc brake up front not looking at changing calipers tbh

4. not after anything too sharp or overboard not planning on doing any trackdays etc
    was just idly contemplating what else was a good swap other than the obvious rcs or the bog stock item
    so food for thought :)

5. looks like some good options then
    looking at a complete overhaul of the front brakes wasnt really happy with them when i first got the bike
    was going to progressively upgrade and replace bits but since its been in storage thinking getting bits together and sorting in one go money permitting as this years plans have gone a bit shit

6. looking at the bay of evil 848 clutch master cylinders aren't to bad price assuming the bore size
    works with the standard slave cylinder ?

7. looking at new discs and rebuilding the calipers just dont tell the wife i looking at spending money lol

8. which end soggy stump or the foot

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. serious note is there really any advantage of the wavy discs over standard style in real world application
    have had people say they can feel feedback through the lever ie like pulses ie warped disc feel

10. :D sweet
    i can understand the cooling effects as more holes etc to allow air to flow
    but always thought less surface area for the pad to bite
    also think the claims are it helps keep the pad surface area deglazed
    ie shaves it down twice as fast lol ;)

11. well there you go kiddies off topic slightly but really informative dont you just love this forum :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information