1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Front Brake ?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by xander296, May 24, 2018.

1. on my 2003 749 if I adjust the front brake lever span so it’s correct for me the go for a ride, at random times it’s as if the adjustment has been reset, the lever comes further back, brake works fine in either case, wether the lever is adjusted or not, just the lever comes further back, if I readjust it’s fine again till some random point? Is it a faulty lever do you think anyone seen this before? it can’t be air as it works fine and is solid and pumping it makes no difference. Confused

2. OEM levers??
    Are your bobbins free or seized? Freeing up the bobbins really helped my 999 brakes

3. Have you changed the fluid and bleed the system at the reservoir?

4. Bleed at the reservoir?

5. on the 999 so i assume the 749 there is a bleed nipple inside the reservoir. It's genius as it's constantly under the fluid level so really easy, quick and non-messy to do.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I just learned something quite exciting there. Thank you! Genuinely that's ace and I didn't know about it! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. It really makes life much easier on the basis that bubble go up in liquid :upyeah:

9. I will try that tonight, but if it was air the lever would be spongey? wouldnt it? It works fine and the adjuster is free.

Thanks

10. Xander, check you discs are running true and not slightly warped. If the discs 'wobbles' it can knock the pistons in a little which will be evident with initial brake application. Best to free off the bobbins as a service item in any case. Easier to check if you have an Abba stand with the front wheel lift attachment or with a headstock stand

11. What's odd is it doesn't pump up back and it isn't spongy, to get the adjustment back I have to turn the lever adjustment as if it's turned it's self? Should it turn really free once the lever is pulled forward?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information