1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Front Header Crack

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by mwhite5471, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Just thought i'd post this, Ducati seem so have more than their fair share of exhaust failures.

Setup: Stock headers, ARROW mid pipes, AKRA slip on.

Other similar failures with full OEM exhaust at much lower mileage around 5,000 miles, mine let go at 48,000 miles.

Waiting for Ducati to assess but bought a replacement from Ebay part number 57014191B

[​IMG]

2. Ooooops. Not a good scenario. I’ve seen a few Pani on this here parish with the same problem.

3. Even the ducati race-exhaust doesn't replace the stock-headers. Bet it was a tad noisy'

4. Hmm, thats not good.

On a recent trip to Scotland my other Multistrada (2012 Ohlins bike) blew its lambda probe out of the front pipe.
    That was LOUD and reminiscent of a stock car on open headers, so yours must of sounded rather fruity too :dizzy:

I wonder if the header is allowed to flex more when on the decat pipe or something.

5. Yeah not sure why other than it seems to be real thin wall tubing.

As the Akra slip on is so lite I have removed the slip on mount, so now the whole exhaust is held on by header studs and mid tab mount with the OEM flex linkbar.

This also means I can remove the passenger foot rests...yay!!!

6. Pass rests are gone!!!...another 1/2 G of fuel for free (4.5lbs savings) :)

Full
    [​IMG]

Zoom
    [​IMG]

MUCH BETTER!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Get some penetrating fluid on there before you tackle removal ... they like to shear off

8. Akra used to make the nicest looking cans, and their tubing was beautiful. How do they end up making stuff like this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Looks better in person :)

Anyway it was replaced out of necessity as i blew apart the OEM POS and didn't want to have to wait 2-3 weeks for Ducati to slow boat me one from Italy.

All in all happy with it, deeper tone, lighter, better heat shield, remove rear rests, etc

[​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information