1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Front Number Board

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Lee46lee, Sep 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Looking for a front ‘Ducati Performance’ number board to replace this one, after fitting a new tail unit you can really notice how much the white has faded on the front one. Motografix seem to be the closet match i’ve found so far but does any one have a contact for which is presume is an original? The current one is the 3d gel type.

Cheers

3D2C34F0-C924-4D2F-B126-8E78F2A76EA8.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've got one some where you can have il have a look tomorrow for it.

3. Beer tokens incoming,

Cheers matey, it’s all coming together :upyeah:

4. Get it sprayed. 998s 81.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  5. You sir have a very good point, it may have to happen once the wheels go into the paint shop. Looks alot more tidy that way, is that a Ducati Peformance sticker on top of the white number board?

6. I think its a D.P sticker under the gel coat, certainly not on top. Had the top fairing repainted, and the number board applied, after a little whoopsy a few yonks ago.

7. Cheers again for the heads up boys, if it rains tomorrow I’ll take the nose fairing up to image works and get a number board made up. At this point I’m torn between taking the existing one off and leaving it red or going for another board although I’m slightly concerned the red paint may have faded over time hence why having a replacement on hand would be a good shout. Holding off on spraying the nose just yet as that’ll probably have to wait untill i have enough time/space to strip the bike down for a full resto. ;)

8. I got a brand new one on my 748 and it looks boring. I liked my old one better.

9. Where did you get it from please? Motografix?

10. No I got a brand new nose cone... I sold my lovely 748s a couple of years ago and am now getting one up to snuff to replace it.

Old

IMG_3052.JPG

New

AB04A53A-A116-45BF-AE6F-FA128484AE38.jpg

I really was a Mong to sell my old one...

11. What's that lurking in the background on the right of the 'new' a BMW GS? I do hope you acknowledge other bikers when on it?

12. There's also a tent and some dogfood. :)

13. Damn, I never spotted the dog food! I saw more bikes than in my local dealer (which isn't difficult considering where I live now) and the GS. The GS jumped out because I live on the Wild Atlantic Way and there are a lot of GS riders 'doing the WAW' from all sorts of countries and not one of them ever, ever, ever, acknowledge another biker. :mad:

14. We're an exclusive bunch... ;)

15. of ..... ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. I don’t know whether it needs one? Can’t decide...

7574A176-4911-41BC-B942-C07A54A2A2BA.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lights need a clean, I know that.

18. Yes they do. But as it’s a very tedious job it’ll be something to while away the winter with.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Why’s it always the main beam one? Bizarre. I didn’t notice that as I had to put my sunglasses on due to the glare from the shiny/cleanliness of it ;) Nice looking bike.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information