1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Front Stand

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Cream_Revenge, Oct 15, 2017.

1. The one I linked is what I have. Didn't know they were for radial brakes. Explains my issues some what!

I was asking @Loz if that's what he used.
    Appreciate mine are different to what @bradders put up.

2. They are designed for non radial, just people use them with radial. The two peonies ‘cup’ the fork bottom like a Hollywood producer on a 18yd old breast. And just like that, they are patial to slip south..

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. That type are perfect for radial forks :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. There are paddock rumours about them causing cracks in the mount. Never actually seen it tho..

5. I do worry a bit about that yeah, tend to use a headstock stand whenever possible but those caliper mount stands are quick and dirty

6. what about an abba stand.ive just got one and it seems ok

7. pic or it was just a fantasy

8. You need an extra bit to get the front up. Good kit but much slower and fiddly than paddock stands.

9. ive only just started using it,but its really easy if you put the bike on the rear stand first,then if I need the front up I wrap a strap roond the back wheel and my ramp

• Like Like x 1
  10. I was managing until the crash bobins went on. Always struggled with front axle removal though.

11. I drilled headstock plate on my 999 , works fine headstock.JPG

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information