1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Wheel Chock Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by RoadRunner, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Thanks for the info - my ZX6R was strapped down on its sidestand via the pillion peg hangers and over the bars with ordinary straps - didn't approve but had no choice apart left it at the road side overnight....not.
    Anyhow, just bought SEALEY made handle bar and a rear wheel straps from Zoro which look pretty substantial - good price and service.
    https://www.zoro.co.uk/

Tie Down - Motorcycle Rear Wheel - Order Code (SKU): ZT1231655P - £17.19
    Tie Down - Motorcycle Handle Bar - Order Code (SKU): ZT1231654P - £12.29

Next time either bike should it break down it WILL be strapped vertical! But hopefully it won't happen again? Thanks for everyone's input. RR

• Like Like x 3
  2. Many AA recovery trucks have a dolly for bikes. Worst case flat bed like this.
    24F93912-7324-493D-8583-127193F1DF65.jpeg

3. The RAC outsourced my recovery to a local shitte company with rickity flatbed and operator 1 month into the job! Not a happy customer or fan of the RAC now :mad: - had a 6 hour wait to contemplate life, the universe and scowl at the weirdos that pulled up and sped off in the dark!! Anyway, a new battery is all it took to bring the 20 year old ZX6R back to life (fingers crossed).
    Recommend Tayna Batteries - good/best price and excellent service - rang Sat AM - it arrived Monday. :)

4. Sure it’s just a battery? Sounds like my Blade, which ended up being the generator as it wouldn’t put enough juice in to keep the battery topped up after about 40 miles.

5. Thanks - that is still a possibility I guess - I've taken it out for a spin and it behaved okay but only time will tell; I may drop into my local repair shop and get it checked for peace of mind. I really didn't enjoy sitting/standing/pacing up and down a country lane for 6 hours and getting stressed seeing it lashed to some ancient recovery truck! The battery was 10 years old and kept permanently on an Optimate - so whether or not that was a tad too long, maybe? Watch this space!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information