1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Wheel Rim Damaged

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Duncs, May 2, 2019.

1. The rim on my 2010 Multistrada 1200S is ever so slightly bent ,it doesn't affect the tyre pressure at all . I was thinking as I am putting a new tyre on it would it be possible to put 2 pieces of metal either side of the defect and g clamp it apply some heat tighten the clamp and hey presto fixed ! My concern is if they are magnesium they maybe too soft and I will cause irreversible damage . Does anyone know what the wheel is made of and whether I should just leave it alone ? Its not a great picture but hopefully you can see it. bend.jpg

2. Rest assured they are not magnesium. The MTS wheel are an aluminium alloy of some sort.

3. ...how was it caused & at what speed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. It was the previous owner and he said wasn't going fast over a small pothole

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. How much did they charge if you don't mind my asking?

6. £174 all in

• Like Like x 1
  7. +1 for Motorliner
    Cheaper if you just take a bare wheel.

8. They are very light these wheels , so much lighter than my VFR800 99 even with the fat 200 section rear. I have visions of the metal snapping off a chunk if I apply too much pressure .

9. And another one for Motaliner.

10. Much cheaper - but they will take the tire off and refit / balance as well.

Ducati wheels / Italian alloy wheels tend to bend; Jap ones tend to break.

• Like Like x 1
  11. A claim against the highway authorities as you pay many road fund licences like me:thinkingface:they should take responsibility for poor highway maintenance contacts IMO.:punch:

12. As the owner has already stated that the damage was incurred by the previous owner, that action could be construed as fraudulent!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Hagon Wheel Services.

14. Not wheel related but ive used Motoliner for warped Superduke disks and rate the guys highly, Sent of both front disks and was only charged for the one as they said the other was checked and perfect, Trustworthy guys

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information