1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frozen in the sands of time.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pierre 66, Jun 25, 2012.

1. There was one of those found on the moon too, wasn't there?

2. :biggrin: :biggrin:

According to an episode of South Park, its a killer whale called Willzyx :wink:.

• Like Like x 1
  3. They also sent Tom Cruise there, right next to Willzyx.

4. Did it's pilot go off and get a cold Carlsberg in Alex?

5. Didn't they uncover some spitfires in Indonesia or somewhere and they were still boxed up and pristine?

6. I can`t find it now but I read that the plane was untouched when first found, but since its discovery last February some bits have been looted for souvenirs or for scrap :frown:.

It said all the rubber fittings on the engine had rotted away and the end of the crankshaft that appears to be missing, actually broke off on impact and is still in the propeller hub.

Here`s a similar link to the previous one but it has a bit more detail about the pilot.

My Uncle Denis, pilot of the plane time forgot: First pictures of the man who crash-landed in his plane in the Sahara and then walked off across the sands to his death | Mail Online

7. Yeah, just read that, thanks. Twenty of them crated up and buried 40 ft down. The guy that found them spent 15 years searching and hopes to get them airworthy again.

I find this kind of thing really interesting, be it lost war planes or tanks dragged from Russian swamps.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information