1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Fs Modified Rider Seat

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by BigAlan, Oct 23, 2018.

1. I have for sale my almost brand new modified seat, being a tall geezer I found my knees hurt after a long ride so I had this made, extra padding at the front to prevent those awkward moments when heavy braking, memory foam on the main part, as the pics show this seat is approx 50mm taller than the standard seat, the work is top quality.

I have two modified seats and this is the newer one which cost me the seat plus £175 for the modification, I would like £150 for it plus any postage.

Should you want to try the seat that’s fine you can visit me here in sunny Oxford and try it on your bike and we can have a ride out into the Cotswolds.

CAE6E971-19EC-4315-B02B-DAB38C248AAC.jpeg

39C5B59F-D8F4-4F7B-B01A-82704FA5F492.jpeg

66141C1A-5CBF-4D2A-8CB5-C1771295EB4E.jpeg

2. Can I ask why you are selling it if it is the newer of the two modified seats you have? I'm a fairly tall geezer myself (6'2") and don't enjoy the "crushed nuts" syndrome when riding my Multi and could also do with giving my knees an easier time. I'm interested in the seat but Oxford is too far away from Stockport to take a run down to try it out!

3. I thought I could improve on my original seat, but I could not, 6’3” here and 16st so I tried it for a 50 mile ride today and it felt exactly the same as my old one I had done last year, no point in selling the old one as that’s done some 3000 miles so the new one is up for sale.

The increased height made all the difference to my knees and ankles as well as the comfort.

4. Fair enough. Does the modded front seat fit OK with the standard pillion seat? Do you use it in the raised or lower position? I'm just concerned about laying out £150+ unseen and untried and finding that it doesn't suit me for some reason.

5. I use the seat with the standard rear seat no problem, no idea about raised or lowered position it simply clicks in by the tank and away you go. Didn’t know you had the option to raise or lower anything, if you want a pic of the underside of the seat I can send it, likewise the bike with the seat off.

Alan

6. Have a think, if you want it then great, if it’s not as described then you can send it back and have your money back.

7. Sold, thread can be closed.

8. Nothing, cold Sunday, rather ice, and boring, I have to invent.

I do not know if you have observed, that in the Multistrada, with the seat in low position, which is how we take the short stature, there is a separation of about 2 cm, which more is what you have to raise the seat in its position high, and aesthetically that gap is seen and every time I ride the bike and see it because I get angry, but less the photos of the hole are these

Sorry, do not let me upload images, I get an error, I do not know why, if I solve it I upload images

9. You would not see it if you have the spacers that are supplied with bike when new. This is removed with seat in high position. 20181028_173109.jpg

10. No me refiero a entre los dos asientos, me refiero al frente del asiento y al depósito

11. Ah yes , see what you mean. I never notice it really.

12. I still can not upload the images, I'm sorry

Do Not Sell My Personal Information