1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Fuel Gauge Accuracy

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by steveb123, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Made the mistake of running low on fuel today, had the range down to 0 for about a mile before I filled up with 19.94 litres. Looks like the new fuel senders are very accurate, at least when they are working :)

I always reset Trip 2 when filling up and it showed 189.2 miles. So a 200 mile range is not impossible which a bit of restraint and route planned with a dead cert filling station at the end. Maybe a litre or two of petrol in a can/bottle would be a good idea if you were going to try for over 200 miles range.

2. Got a 2Litre can permanently with me in which ever bike I use. Don't mind running out now & then as its better to reset the accuracy of the bikes range.

3. yes, mine is the same, on occasion I have run to zero and put close to 20l in after a handful of miles

4. I've run down to past zero before and still only got 19 lts in

5. I'm pretty sure most tanks have 10% for emergency, so you should get about 22liters in yours. My 1200enduro has close to 33litre capacity.

6. Not sure about that, why would any manufacturer say they their bike has a 20 litre tank when it has a capacty of 22 litres? That's like Ducati saying the new Muktistrada DVT has a power output of 160 HP when it is well over 170 HP. Yeah like that's going to happen :)

7. From a ducati website:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro

Fuel tank capacity 30l - (7.9 US gal)

8. I always reset trip 1 when refuelling and I always fully refuel my bike.
    Also I write down all the indications of my trip(km, lt, Consumption Average, trip time, etc).
    So far I trust very much the average consumption indicator.
    Just to give an idea what I experienced so far:
    315.9km ->16.79lt->Cons. Avg.->5.2-> Speed Avg. 83kph
    300.8km ->17.00lt->Cons. Avg->5.6-> Speed Avg. 92kph
    296.9km ->17.17lt->Cons. Avg->5.8-> Speed Avg. 84kph
    290.9km ->18.19lt->Cons. Avg->5.5-> Speed Avg. 73kph (it should indicate 6.3)

So, at my opinion it's easy someone to reach 350km~220miles, depending on the right hand..

#8 GiannisMulti, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Just returned from 1500 mile tour on the DVT. Averaged 50 mpg. My fuel gauge was usually wrong...read too low. More than once I filled the tank at 200+ miles and it usually took about 3/4 to 1 gallon. Wonderful machine.

10. I have run my 2013 twin spark to 207 miles on a tank full with 0 miles remaining and when I did fill it up it only took 18.65 lts so there was a few more miles in it ... but now my fuel gauge wouldn't go over 3 bars had it out tonight and fuel light came on with 32 miles remaining so went to fill up and could only get 10.65 lts into it ...

11. I have run out of fuel at175 miles, so now i get figity around 150 miles, refuel only to find i have another 4 litres unused! Cant trust the fuel guage nor the how many miles left indicator,does my head in when touring

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Screenshot_20170331-162909.png this is mine a 2013 multistrada fully standard twin spark photo taken at my house so another 1 mile r so to petrol station was getting really worried lol incase I needed to push big D to fill her up .

13. And how many litres to fill her up?

14. 18.65lt to fill I was very surprised so still a few miles left in it

15. I have a 2015 1200s. Riding steady, solo with top box, I got to 210 miles due to a surprising lack of filling stations. The gauge was showing red and the range 3 miles. I could barely squeeze 18 litres in so it appears I have reserve in reserve? Has anyone dared go beyond zero range?

16. I believe a guy form Motorapido did. And he ran out. Within 2 miles. :confused:

17. I got down to 4 miles range before filling up a couple of days ago, the tank took 19.21 litres to fill up. Seems reasonably accurate to me. I don't think I'll pushing the range any harder, for fear of having to push the bike.

18. Figures quoted are 90% of capacity so a 20 liter tank can hold 22.2 liters to the brim. My 33 liter GSA was regularly filled with 36 liters of fuel.

19. Got 12 miles after showing zero on fuel gauge last Monday due to forgetting all the petrol stations close on the Isle of Arran at 5pm on a sunday......
    Made it back to campsite and back to petrol station in the morning trip mileage was at 182 and managed just a tad over 19 litres when i filled up......wasn't the most comfortable ride back to the petrol station, just waiting for it to cough and splutter to a halt but it got me there with a bit to spare so it seems...

• Like Like x 1
  20. 2017 1200S DVT and got to Flashing red bar and 4 miles on range meter but could only get 16.98 litres in the tank , so in theory i still had 3 litres spare at flashing red bar.184 miles done on that tankful with a potential 30 left to go.
    The manual though clearly states that there is 4 litres in tank when 2 orange bars are showing.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information