1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Level Sensor 1994 600ss

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by DanSS600, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Excellent idea. I've been meaning to do that myself, but haven't got around to finding a suitable petcock that will fit.

2. My post was a bit tongue in cheek.......Actually it can't be done unless an external pump is fitted and tank internals are altered, because the fuel is under pressure in the fuel tubes in the tank, so you can't have the little filter and upstand on the petcock as with normal fuel taps.

3. You!

4. I got this on Ebay for £40 so let's see if it solves the problem. Not identical to the one on the bike now but if it works it's a cheap fix.

s-l1600a.png

• Like Like x 3
  5. Swapped the non working one for the Ebay sensor today and it works. I had to cut off the plug that was on it and swap it for one that matched the loom.

DSC_0537.JPG

The old one used a thermistor to sense the fuel level and this one has a float that rises and falls.

Motorapido quoted £144 plus VAT for a new one so for £40 and a new connector I'm happy.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information