1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Lines

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Duncs, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Hi I need to replace the fuel lines/hoses on both my 748's as they are looking past it and one has a fuel leak . I was wondering if anyone knows what size they are and if I can go to Halfords or Euro car parts and pick up a metre or 2 .
    Thanks in advance
    Duncs

2. If it's the same bore as an ST4s, it's 8mm or 5/16". I recently bought some to replace my lines, but struggled to find some good stuff with correct ratings. There are many horror stories about of cheap fuel hose breaking down so I went for this:-
    https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/high-spec-rubber-fuel-hose-by-cohline-per-metre-2240
    Was about the cheapest place I could find it. I'm not sure the Halfords or ECP stuff is particularly good for the price you'll pay for it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just looked at link from Turbogeek and looks like a good choice, reinforced construction and importantly pressure rated which cheaper pipe may not be which would concern me on an injected system. Also resistant to all the crap they add to fuel these days.
    You get what you pay for.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks guys I'll measure my hoses and go for those Merlin Sport ones I don't mind paying a bit extra for peace of mind . I haven't checked Ducati OEM yet they might be a reasonable price .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information