1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Full System But Doesn’t Say Racing On Dash

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Dirty Leeds, Jan 14, 2019.

1. After some research apparently the bike has a nemesis Ecu, full system and slipper

It might be a bit much for me in all honesty, I sat on it and was a bit stretched and not confident, a monster, scrambler, or even my rvf might be a better choice, Gareth at reaction suspension wasn’t thinking it a good idea to lower it.

2. Yea it

3. Pete aint wrong, It probably makes it easier for some sack to get plate details online but all they have to do if inclined is hang out at a bike spot and wait for the one they want.. wouldn't be too hard somewhere like the ace on a Friday night..
    What can ya do?.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. @I'm closing in don't lower it mate it will upset the geometry of the bike and will handle like a pig, just take it easy on it bud and your be fine, if it's got a nemesis ecu you might have traction control on it now.

5. Just felt a bit out of sorts on it, don’t remember feeling like it on 848 but I hadn’t had a brain injury then ha

6. I've a plucky lil 620 monster that may be a better fit for ya... maybe a swap? Wotsits my way of course ....

7. Spoke with Jhp this afternoon, they filled me in on a bit of stuff, think it’s done a few trackdays hence the money spent, they reckon it’s a cheap bike

8. 1198 is lower than the 848 so should be ok mate.

9. If it was a black and white 1198 I’d let you have it but I like you and not prepared to put you through owning a white ducati chiz....

10. It didn’t feel it Alistair, and the bars were miles away and that was without leathers....be a nice ornament though, it might be in the classifieds in a bit should of got the monster off nelly I was tempted

11. Sell it mate and keep the Honda if your having doubts already.

12. I am, big ones fella

13. Don't worry mate it's just a bike.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Love the Honda, the 1198 is a work of art, Debbie is saying do the i to i training in York see how I feel then

• Like Like x 1
  15. There is that... I appreciate your concern....
    Don't give up on it mate, no rush is there? If it don't fit it don't fit but I'm sure after a few miles you will be good as gold... if not I doubt you'll lose money on it. Perhaps even make a bit in time.

16. Cheers chiz, yep I’d flog the system separately mate I won’t lose out, just bit frustrating

17. 848 will be taller as standard.

You can lower them (I did) but just do front and rear the same. I used to lower mine for the road, then tracldays I would increase the rear and front at the same rate so it was still balanced, and would also move the bars so they were on the inside of the yoke clamp to narrow to make easier on track when hanging off

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  18. My number plate is in a national magazine....fucked if i try to do a runner!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. More to the point if your not sure of the state of the ECU....without a doubt, go and get it mapped...itll feel like a new bike...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Luckily no one buys that rag....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information