1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Full Termi This Year-to Do Or Not To Do

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by spanish, Feb 19, 2019.

1. For the multi1200s in 2017 it was £1850 fitted. Not looked at options. Is it about £650 for the pipework & then a decent end can + finding someone who can ecu tune.

2. It really depends on what the claim was. If a wheel bearing goes, the pipe didn’t cause that obviously. But if you have a fuel related issue such as burnt out valves, you could face some serious opposition from the manufacturer.

Dealers like us are asked/instructed to investigate deeply into issues and take photos etc. Ducati are quite tight on this.

Mart

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. With term I system there is an upmap with it for the cry. So logic tells me other systems would be same.

4. Best to use a Rapidbike unit to re-balance to AFR. BTW, it's available for the 1260.

5. You would think that but it's rarely the case.

As a general rule, the official Termi and Akrapovic variations are always seen as much more expensive but in fact they're normally more comprehensive as they come with ECU mapping, air filter and therefore don't require dyno set up time. The warranty is also with the factory and therefore gives a central point of call (your dealer) to fix.

The Leo Vince de-cat (I know this as we've fitted loads) and many other options on the market have nothing to change fueling at all. Some claim it causes no harm - and this could very well be true but the bike won't run as well and will almost certainly run lean as there's too much gas flow and not enough fuel to keep up.

Hence, if you change your pipe in any way, it's better to check it on a dyno. If you've going to that bother, change for a free flowing air filter like a K&N. And if you're going to do that, might as well fit some kind of fuel system such as a Power Commander or pay someone to re-flash your ECU.

By the time you've done all that, you're close enough to the cost of a full factory system and saved yourself a whole load of mucking around in the process.

This isn't a sales pitch, just speaking from experience here.

Mart

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Totally agree with Martin. After my bike was done it rode very differently. Not saying any more powerful but so much cleaner through the range.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I am biting the bullet and doing the full termi set up on my 2018 1260 Next month......hope it's worth it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I can assure you it well worth it. You’ll love it.

Mart

9. Thank you! I am looking forward to it....:) Ordering it next weekend and then it's waiting on the weather...aka spring, lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. How much mileage you got on the bike so far? I personally would wait till you've passed the first run in period. With the second running period drifting by you can go full hilt.

11. I am at 1600 miles (U.S.) as I have owned it since last August. I am past the break in period so no worries there!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. If you can afford it, you WILL NOT be disappointed, but definitely ensure you wear ear plugs, coz, baffle in or out, you WILL need them. And anyway, I would always advocate that whether you fit this bundle or not, earplugs are a dead cert!!

13. Just a note you will blacken & can melt the back of the rear number plate. Mine is just very black

14. Thats really sound advice, I'm looking at the de cat pipes, not sure which exhaust is best.
    I really don't like the look of the termig and really quite like the look of the originals.
    Any help and advice would be good, its on a 1200s

15. The Leo Vince is a well made thing that we’ve had good success with. Sounds great, doesn’t seem to require much, of any up map work and sheds tonnes of weight. It’s good value (from memory) and fits well. I just can’t remember if they’re available on DVT models onwards. Google will be your friend here.

Best of luck.

Mart

• Like Like x 1
  16. Biting the bullet and have sorted a date this month to have the termi fitted.
    Just feel having the termi is simplest option as recognised by Ducati (my bike is less than one year old) and tuning covered. Just have to be more assiduous in using ear plugs. Also having Metzlers Roadtec 01's fitted at the same time.
    So it will be "happy birthday to me"!

17. Just fitted the second set of the Roadtec 01s to my first gen Multistrada having been previously chomping through 2 or 3 sets of M7RRs a year. I’m very pleased with the life of the tyre and whilst they will never be the RR (my all time favourite sports bike road tyre) the dry and wet conditions performance has been impressive. Andy

#38 Android853sp, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  18. I'm not a fan of the big Termig either. If you're going the de-cat mid-pipe route, Both SC-Project and Akra makes good looking silencers. On that note, your bike will not be silent. You'll also need a Rapidbike unit to re-balance the fueling.

#39 DarR, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  19. Termignoni’s suit the bike, just do it.
    The sooner you do the sooner you’ll wished you’d done it sooner.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information