1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Full Termi This Year-to Do Or Not To Do

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by spanish, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Thanks for that, any ideas how much?

2. Is it true they melt anything plastic?

3. Yes Lego in Denmark have been struggling for years?

4. you sir, are a smart person. bravo!

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Just the right hand side of Number plate, a bit. Mine not melted but some have posted pics on here in the past with the reg plate buckled, enough to need a new one.

6. The Arrow system may do the trick, it gets rid of the cat, new pipework to replace it and a choice of end cans.
    Prices are £850 -1000 I know it's not a full race system but I think it ticks most of my boxes.
    A slight gain in power and a bit more torque and the all important sound with a removable baffle and it doesn't look like a haunch of venison.

7. Leo Vince decat link pipe still not available!!

8. The de-cat pipe without anything else doesn't add much other than noise. Moreover, In my case, I already have a de-catted Monster with an SC Project exhaust and Rexxer ECU flash. I don't want two loud bikes especially the Multistrada. Consequently, a full system is a waste of good money but I'm only viewing this from for my situation. Others will vary. Lastly, the carbon Termignoni of my Pikes Peak looks better than most, if not all, aftermarket exhausts.

What I will do however, is re-cycle my Rapidbike unit from my Panigale to the Multistrada once I disable its exhaust valve following the first service. A Rapidbike is a better allocation of capital, especially if you can get an RB unit on the cheap and have it re-programmed for the 1260. Moreover, you are going to require one anyways should you de-cat later. Notwithstanding, best first performance mod should be gearing change and throttle spacers to remove the slack. Those two are the best bang for the buck by far IMHO.

9. Given the full termi system has "not for road use" stamped on it, how are you approaching that with your insurance companies in terms of declaring it?

10. On other bikes I've gone the wet-n-dry paper method & erased this issue. However for the my duke it wasn't worth been potentially told I wasn't insured so informed them of the full-race-exhaust.

Which you tell them is an official ducati accessory. Which they will accept as it is, the insurance goes up an extra bit.

#51 GunZenBomZ, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. what's the gearing change mod?

12. Increasing the gearing leverage by swapping the current 40T rear sprocket with a 42T for more acceleration.

13. got it, thanks

14. Coming late to this thread, sorry. I looked at all alternatives for my 1098S when buying new and respect anyone who fits akra, arrow etc etc. For me, it ended up being a straightforward decision. I won't go over the tech stuff, that is a bit long ago/ different bike. I'll just speak with a picture and video as my personal opinion :upyeah:(My 748R has a Termi system as well so there is a bit of a theme;))

Termi Oakloand.jpg

15. IMG_2344.jpg IMG_2342.jpg Well bit the bullet and have not looked back. Can't say ' worth every penny' but absolutely delighted nevertheless and no regrets.
    Had some Evotech crash protection fitted at same time.

16. And need to get those nasty stickers off!

17. Had one on my 1200S since new and having the same on my new 1260S

18. Good call Sir, what I love about the full Termi on the 1260 in comparison to the 1200 is the way it bangs on upshifts. Worth the entrance money alone!

19. Well I’ve taken the plunge....robbed the local post office and sold one of me kidneys
    New full termi ordered for my 1260 and due for fitting next week before I set off to Le Mans for the MotoGP.
    Hopefully it’s worth the huge expense!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information