1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Future-proofing A 916

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by TNR, Jun 15, 2019.

1. no sadly, would have to tap into someone in Italy and then they'd probably have to kill you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Don't worry as i have nine lives;):upyeah:

3. apparently packs of these are cheap at the moment, I just haven't been bothered to chase any up :-

[​IMG]

you see a second hand vehicle setgoing for £20 - 30 on Ebay sometimes, and what's more they even sell for that!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. ......and the current price including MR VAT:thinkingface:

5. have you looked it up then/gone up already? - it was "v. cheap"* about a week ago.

*third part source/don't remember but fraction of normal cost.

6. Nope:confused: but i'm in PT's very soon for some bits,so i will speak to Pete.:upyeah:

8. They only fail as are too loose, just pack out with washers, dzus fasteners are counter intuitive, look at the design, impossible to undo as you push and twist to undo. Unless you buy the copy versions which will ultimately work loose...Or apply lockwire so they can't twist. Unless your fairing tabs break, thats another matter...But the best solution are the titanium ones...the never come undone!!!:p

9. oh, believe me they fail and they don't necessarily have to be loose but at the same time there's nothing wrong with the design or application, as a quick release fixing, it's perfect.. stopping there as off topic.

#29 Chris, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I bought titanium dzus/receptacles for the sps, as found, even on non-ti genuine dzus, that the receptacles tabs become worn making the dzus fastner itself pretty easy to fall out. But like you say, they are great for quick access. Don't know any other alternative apart from nyloc nut/bolt or straight-thru lockwire, bit of ballache though

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information