1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Futurismoto Tail Tidy

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by mutt1979, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Heard good things about these from another Ducati forum. I thought I would put it up there for those who may be looking for another tail tidy alternative and/or mirror block offs. Well worth a look.

https://futurismoto.com

I have one on order but I am away for a week or so with work. Will put up pics when it arrives and install etc.

Limited production runs from a one man band so they sell quick, 10 made per week only.

(apologies if this is a repeat of another thread, I did search but only found a mention, didn't find a thread on them)

#1 mutt1979, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  2. I have the matching mirror block offs/indicators. They are extremely nice and of a very high quality.

I also have a second set if anyone is interested. As pointed out above supply is limited...

• Thanks Thanks x 1

3. Hi Mutt. How does this work in terms of plod as the indicator spacing is so close?

4. I imagine they won't take too kindly if you caught them on a bad day. But the usual, don't be a d*ck about it and see how it goes.

Having said that I had thought about getting a couple of small brackets or manufacturing a couple to install the indicators on either side of the plate conventionally even with a standard sized plate. That rear end would still look a lot nicer that way and be mostly compliant.

5. So this thing arrived and I cannot fault the fit and finish. Everything works as you would expect and that big ole donkey dick hanging off the back is long gone. Very happy camper
    IMG_8537.jpg IMG_8539.jpg IMG_8540.jpg IMG_8541.jpg

#5 mutt1979, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Is there a plate light on it and did you get the angled or non angled bracket, the site is not very clear as to which is which.

7. I also have one plus indicators (and CRG bar end). They are beautifully engineered. There is a plate light on them. Tiny led, very cool. That bracket shown is the 90 degree one. Just spec that if you order (I ordered 2 the same as I did have to cut one to fit the plate size I wanted).
    Only issue apart from indicator width is to ensure you bend the bracket up enough to give sufficient clearance for suspension movement against the number plate. Min 5.4 inches from memory.
    Richard

• Like Like x 1
  8. Forgot to add that HMRC added £70 duty and fees for the privilege as well. Not sure how this would work in
    Did they sting you @vectorzero?

9. Its the usual fixed fee plus 20% of the declared value. So yes a lot of money.

Not sure what he charges these days, AHEM. You may want him to list the very 'reasonable' price on the document.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information