1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Of Thrones (possible Spoilers, Unless You Are The Three Eyed Raven)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pierre 66, Apr 16, 2019.

1. That’s putting it mildly. All the other times she’s gone all “I’m the dragon queen, you’ll do what I say” it’s kinda made sense even if it has been uncomfortable & savage, this was just a plot line too far. I guess we’ll have to see what the outcome is for her but genocide is not where they should’ve gone imo

2. I think she would.
    She has recently lost two of her "children." Ser Jorah, who she cared for died in her arms. John Snow (she feels) repeatedly rejected and betrayed her. She watched, helpless, as her "friend" and trusted adviser Missandai was beheaded at Cersei`s command, that has even had an effect on Greyworm, he killed a Lannister soldier after they had surrendered, starting the killing spree again.
    Yes, Cersei`s death was a bit weak but sometimes the characters don`t get the deaths they deserve. Story wise, I suppose they had to do this and it now sets up Daenerys and John Snow for a final confrontation.
    Will Drogo be loyal to his "mother" or to the last male Targaryen.

3. What a pretty crap end to 7 series of plot, character and tension build.

Its like the writers hadn't seen 1-7 and how Lanister, Daenerys, Briana and others have developed.

The Knight King death - disappointment
    Unsullied & dethraki seemed to spawn more troops, clearly writers been playing too much Call of Duty
    Last episode.... not great at all

With the exception of some nice moments (Mountain killing the meister was good, about time) #disappointed

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Thank fuck that’s over.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Not seen an episode yet, was it good :bucktooth:

6. Apparently a good story with a crappy ending...

7. The final episode was disappointing in my opinion. It was like they’d run out of steam and needed to wrap it up quickly.

It does leave it open for a few spin off series though.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Well i enjoyed it:)just felt sorry for jon snow getting the shity end of the stick,ungrateful bastards:confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I don`t know if I`m more disappointed it`s finished or that it finished so badly. I wonder how much input George R R Martin had in the end. I think John Snow should have stabbed the "Hollywood" producers responsible for this ending, not Queen Daenerys.

As for the spin off series I don`t see anything of interest.

The adventures of John Snow beyond The Wall. There`s no army of the dead, there is just snow and cold. It really is grim that far up north.
    How do you stop your balls freezing north of the wall?
    Tormund: "walking`s good, fighting`s better, fucking is the best." Ok for a club 18-24 fortnight but a mini series?

Greyworm and the magically reproducing Unsullied go to The Isle of Naath. They tell the islanders "we are here to protect you, you have nothing to fear, we are here for the memory of Missandei." All good to start with but when no threats come, Greyworm and the Unsullied spend more and more time chilling on the beach, drinking rum and thinking "if only we had cocks this would be perfect."

Sansa and Bran slip back into boring normal every day lives, they`re no Joffrey that`s for sure. Ruling, paperwork and other peoples minor problems. While Bran (is he still the Three Eyed Raven) goes looking for Drogo, hopefully The Master of Coins and other lofty titles will spare some money for upgrading Kings Landing to disabled friendly, to give Podrick`s back an easier time.

Arya and her "what`s west of Westeros" quest has only limited interest, any Sinbad or Pirates of the Caribbean film will have already covered it so...........

The only thing of minor interest now is what the hell happened when Tyrion entered a brothel with a donkey and a honeycomb?????

So very disappointed.

10. Only spin off I can see is the prequel.

11. One goes north - undiscovered country
    One goes west - undiscovered country
    One is King - but can see the past and future

It’s like the ending was written to fulfil the spin-offs....maybe the 3 eyed raven actually wrote it..

12. I'm currently reading 'Fire & Blood' which is the history of the Targaryens and Westeros leading up to the start of GoT. It'd probably make for an amusing 5-6 series. There's also 'A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms' which is a collection of short stories about Aegon as a young boy.

For any George RR Martin fans, 'Nightflyers and other stories' is a great book of some of his short stories, but the 'Nightflyers' Netflix show is fairly crap and nowhere near as good as the short story it's based on.

• Like Like x 2
  14. As ive posted in what have you done today....first episode....shit...boring....ill press on though.....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information