1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Break In

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by Duncs, Nov 21, 2017.

1. My garage was broken into last night . Nothing was taken but I'm now worried they will come back and steal my Dukes . 2017-11-21 08.31.04.jpg

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Crap Crap x 1
  2. can you get them elsewhere for a few days until you get some enhanced physical security? quick fix is to straighten and get some heavy hasps & staples with insurance approved padlocks.

good luck in getting them secured.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. eeek!
    Good bin pic though. :)
    Quick things
    1) park your car right up against it
    2) put some stiffening bars in it
    3) padlocks on hasps (inside if you have side access) to the sides.
    4) I think you can now get battery LED security lights
    apparently a radio on a talk station will fool the wandering scrote into thinking there's something in there.
    Then ground anchor for the bike, security light in front, bottom lock for the garage.
    half-starved Doberman with PMT inside?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paint all that woodwork / guttering black :)

My old up and over door remains as it is solid (1971) but it is also secured in the corners and alarmed too - newer ones fold so easily it's ridiculous

• Like Like x 1
  5. Great that they didn't steal anything, but why didn't they ?? A bit odd that they break in just to look eh ?? Good luck securing it for future attempts :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Patio door lock/s that slots into a hole drilled in the drive and reinforce the fixing with a big block of wood on the inside?
    Hire a skip for a couple of weeks until you can seriously upgrade your security?
    New, much stronger door.?
    They almost certainly will be back. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Insurance company coming round today to do a temporary secure repair and a quote replacement . I might invest some extra dosh on a whizz bang super secure garage door . Got one Duke at the moment on a ground anchor and 2 additional locks . I will buy a new lock today for the other Duke and use an old VFR800 as a ground anchor . If you check out the brown wheelie bin you'll see some wonderful black gaffer tape repairs .

• Like Like x 1
  8. My Staffie pictured in my Avatar pic did not even wake me up last night so no food for a month for her .

9. Can you access from another door? If so, add some bolts with padlocks to and bottom of the door inside, so you would have to cut a hole in the middle of the door to get in. Then make all other entry points as tough as possible.

I did that with mine, and made it impossible to get a bike out of the other door by making it like a maze. The time it would take to get it out would put most thieves off

• Like Like x 1
  10. Can be mounted internally aswell.

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1456.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I have an alarm on my garage and if someone sets it off it will text and ring me , very handy

• Like Like x 1
  12. Here's mine monitoring my Wheelie Bin collection. 20171121_071907.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Sorry my missus is well fed, but still scary.

14. You watched someone steal your bin!

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. PIR switch or contact switch on the garage door itself to sound an alarm, should the amoebas be dumb enough to come back. Large mentally unstable Rottweiler with a tendency to eat passers by is another useful asset.

16. They were emptying it lol. it monitors my drive. When anyone crosses the line of Death it takes six pictures and emails them to my phone.
    It's a brilliant piece of kit for £50

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. I like it! "Line of Death" has a strangely pleasant ring to it, when referring to single cell organisms that steal motorcycles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Got a similar setup myself but from zmodo. Cloud recording, alerts, exclusion zones etc, Wi-fi. All for £35 per camera and a small monthly cloud recording fee. Got the driveway covered as well as inside the garage and other areas.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Garage door man says the insurance will pay for a new up over door with 4 corner locks or with "betterment" can upgrade to a electric roller door .

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information