1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Break In

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by Duncs, Nov 21, 2017.

1. I would if I was fitted them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Like for like canopy steel door

Horizontal Canopy Steel - 2134 x 2134

75mm Steel frame

Door finish - white

Fit Between

4 point locking kit

Approx. 2-3 weeks delivery

Excess - £300

There are no brand names so I can't check to see what they look like , I can't shop around to make sure hey are giving me a decent price and delivery time is too long as I need to use my garage every day . It takes longer if you want another colour .

3. May be worth having a look at this, they are only 10 mins up the road on the A217 outside Banstead, if it’s a standard size may have something in stock
    https://www.wessexgaragedoors.co.uk/

• Like Like x 1
  4. Here's mine monitoring my wheelie bin(never can be too careful)
    D888A48E-C0E5-4512-A56B-2008099BD5DC.png

• Like Like x 4
  5. Little side line of mine :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. I don't blame you Nige, she's a beauty. :heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I've got one of those for my up and over, solid but of kit and no chance of using it as a leverage point unlike some garage door defenders.

For best defence, you really need to team it up with some side bolts going from the lower edges of the door into the brickwork. That wii prevent the corners from being folded back.

To be honest I've not done that as I'm in and out of the garage a lot and it would overload my OCD to have to keep locking three things each time I went in or out :worried:

8. 3 bins (4th just out of shot)... phwoar
    8FCE572A-A47E-4267-9292-18858CA9C6C1.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Enfield garage door bolts, for sides of door ( top or bottom and can be ordered keyed alike)

IMG_1459.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  10. Sounds like it’s worth doing. Although, surely there is a cost of the door regardless to replace that should be deducted from overall cost, just check it has been ;)

11. Sounds like the perfect excuse to have the bikes in the house
    otherwise
    Ground anchors or a stand alone alarm
    Ring now make security lights with a camera

12. I've decided to add some security to my new roller door.
    Currently, the garage is programmed into my house alarm as a seperate area, meaning that the garage can be set independently from the rest of the system. I'm going to divert the cable from the controller to the motor, through the relay in the alarm control panel so that the door will only open if the alarm is unset. Simple, and only an hour or two's work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. A foil pouch will do. Whatever the encryption, this will defeat it. The clue is in 'Relay' all they are doing in effect is reducing the physical distance between the key and the car. They've made it worse by allowing the car to be started without the key being in physical contact with the vehicle, as can be seen by the scrote returning to the house to enable the car to start.
    Makes you wonder, if you are out and about on your keyless bike. You stop for a drink or a meal, your keyless key is in your pocket, scrote ambles up, connects to key, scrote 2 in car park, and the rest is history.

14. I’m installing these side locks today.... also installed some mounting points on the floor of the garage.

926FC90B-C896-4305-9DA4-2DDA70951C00.jpeg

00DAE83D-5B93-49A4-8DB5-7B4BAB449401.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. That won't help these are signal boosters and relays, that do not modify the transmitted data.
    If you wanted to detect them you'd need to measure time lag. At that distance that would be some serious computing power.

16. About 30 years ago I used to have a local trailer company make these up for me.

[​IMG]
    They would weld on some heavy mesh at the bottom and a large section of 200mm diameter, 5mm thick pipe near the ring end.
    My costs were £30 and I'd sell them to motorcyclists for double. You needed to dig them in below the surface, nice thing was you had a plastic bung to walk over when you were using it.
    I couldn't get enough of them. Sadly the trailer company sold up and everywhere else quoted double to make my design.

If you parked your bike directly above them you couldn't get to the ground anchor to attack it.

I've still got a few buried at my home.

Sadly the price and quality of battery grinders mean that these are just a short delay tacit ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. A rolling auth key that’s generated so often that by the time it’s relayed, a new code would be generated.

I’m sure the solution is probably one that the manufacturers have thought of, just not worth their time and money implementing it.

18. I got some more details on the roller door so now I can do a comparison with other companies .
    Betterment roller garage door
    We get our doors from Chamberlains
    Auto-over Insulated roller door
    Door finish - white
    Motor, control box and x2 transmitters
    Left hand motor
    Fit between
    Approx. 3-4 weeks delivery
    Total cost - £1311.04 (Including VAT)

For the above door I will pay £658 + £300 = £958 . Anyone got any opinions either way ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information