1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Break In

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by Duncs, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Mine started out at £1400 from a twat wearing posh shoes, I eventually found the guy we used off ebay. He buys his stuff from jduk I think this stuff is really cheap, if you were upto doing it yourself I think you could do it for less than £500.

2. The advantage with a roller shutter type door is if any further damage occurs they can generally be repaired “slats replaced”, unlike a canopy door when if the bottom has been wrenched up like before it’s pretty much scrap.

If you have a £300 excess on any damage you may get said damaged repaired for under this so potentially not increasing your premiums the following year.

Also it’s easier to fit a nice heavy duty alarm contact to a roller shutter as opposed to a canopy door which can be a bit fiddly with the gaps on the sides.

No visible locks on a roller shutter either compared to a canopy door, not that people generally attack the locks much these days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Also more headroom inside as you don’t have to worry about the door clearance

4. A steel roller shutter is the best security for the money.
    They don't enhance the look of your home and they are noisy.
    This is a good thing if someone attacks them, but the other 99.99999% of the time your neighbours and anyone sleeping nearby won't thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I found the best way, is to make it impossible to stay in the garage after they do get in. I run a standalone alarm system in the garage and have run 4 external 120db siren modules from the controller. All in places it's hard to get to.

Break in and you have 4 x 120db screaming at you ... Believe me its very painful and the whole street gets woken up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. I’d just make my missus tell them about not washing oily hands in the kitchen sink :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  7. I used to work in this game and all the scrap yards used the same principle.

• Like Like x 1
  8. A mate of mine has rigged up 2 car horns inside his garage , power supply switched on and off from the house, triggered if the garage door is opened, same principle, so loud it’s unbearable to be in the garage with them blaring away.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Those female attack alarms are cheap and cheerful. Couple of those is enough to get any ones attention.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information