1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Flooring

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Robarano, Dec 21, 2018.

1. So, anyone looking at alternative suppliers... I have all my samples in now.

All three are different price points and all three are very different.

Starting with the cheapest... Plasfloor

These are thin. 4.5mm to be exact but they do feel like quality. The plastic of the tiles is really smooth and nice, with no discoloured areas. The fit of these tiles is also the best here. They mate with the neighbouring tile really well.

On a flat floor, you won’t notice how thin they are. It’s only if trying to cover large gaps or holes that you’ll notice.

image.jpg

Duramat.

The middle price point. Very thick, really thick. A whopping 10mm but they cheat a bit here by honeycombing the underside.

Quality wise, these are the worst. The plastic has a marble effect and came slight (I’m being picky) warped. My sample also only included one bit of tile (and I had to pay nearly £7 to get the sample sent to me) so I couldn’t test fit.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Ecotile... the expensive option.

The quote came in above what I thought it would, but they’ve since emailed me about a different tile that’s still more expensive than the rest but not by as much. I’ve no samples of those though.

The samples I have got are what you’ve already seen above. 7mm, very good quality but I will say a very loose fit to the neighbors get tile.

Quality is spot on. Easily the best tile here but that’s why you pay way above what the other ones cost.

image.jpg

On balance, I probably will end up going with Plasfloor because my floor is flat enough for it and they come in around £300 for my garage rather than £375 ish for the Duramat or a whopping £700 odd quote for ecotile. Really, if Duramat quality had have been slightly better I’d have gone with them for the thickness.

#221 JH_1986, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Have a look at the Duramat Slim Seamless tiles - they are also thin and fit together well..

The quality of the samples I have is good..

They wont offer any discount off the web price... - i need 120 tiles and 4 spares... they said if I buy 122 + delivery they will give 2 free..

I will probably go with these... but I wont order for a couple of months as every spare moment for last 2 weekends and for the next month or two will be emptying my dad's house to put it up for sale..

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. On balance, I probably will end up going with Plasfloor because my floor is flat enough for it and they come in around £300 for my garage rather than £375 ish for the Duramat or a whopping £700 odd quote for ecotile. Really, if Duramat quality had have been slightly better I’d have gone with them for the thickness.[/QUOTE]

The Duramat tile I ordered is 7mm and looks better quality than the tile sample you have. I will post some pictures of both sides tomorrow for you to look at.

I have some offcuts and can post you a couple of pieces for comparison if you want them.

There was no warping on the tiles I got and it is hard to see the join once they are laid.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’m sure just the pics will be fine but thanks for the offer :upyeah:

5. Seven years later and this Racedeck flooring is still holding up well after three bike rebuilds, a lot of abuse, spillages etc.

20180928_170201.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Here you go. The last picture is a closeup of the floor I have just laid so that you can see how good the joints are.
    IMG_0572.jpg IMG_0573.jpg IMG_0575.jpg IMG_0577.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Just a quick update on the Duramat smooth tiles I fitted in the workshop.

They have been down for a few weeks now and have had some heavy use with the wood working machines being moved around on them and the heavy workbench on castors.
    I have dropped some heavy items on them with no damage whatsoever.

They still look like new and are really easy to keep clean. They are none slip even when wet and overall I don't have a bad thing to say about them.

I will be fitting them in the garage as well when I start the revamp in the summer.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Are they the Duramat Duratile? - I was thinking of the Duramat Seamless... obviously no puzzle shows but only 4.5mm thick... not 7mm.

9. Yes mine are the Duratile.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. @yoyati

Do Not Sell My Personal Information