1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Renovation - What’s Your Like

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Mar 10, 2020.

1. :laughing:

Yeah, they do wobble a bit compared to a bike of the current age. But it's not about having the latest laser missile, I have as much fun on this, maybe more as I'm closer to the limit. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. coloured flake epoxy resin flooring. damproofing and insulation underfloor.

IMG_3799.jpeg

• Like Like x 19
  3. bikes one half, car storage/detailing other side.

IMG_5901.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  4. 4 compressed air outlets, lighting, humidity, temp, controlled anywhere in the world.

IMG_3490.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  5. very slick!

6. Blinkin hell chris, that much footage just for your vehicles and in Hong Kong?? you must be a miwwionaire

7. Paul, screwfix are open, click and collect only, so grab some fixings and stuff from there, ok you could argue its not essential travel, my aerial booster has gone down and I am picking one up today as tv is important for sanity at these times, you don't go in store just rock up and they will put your bits on a table outside, so nice and safe, you must click and collect and prepay.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. And the winner is. Bloody lovely that :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. @Robarano

59F9F35F-9E8A-45E3-B915-B558D8E6CDDF.jpeg

Eyup, could you tell me the make of your cabinets and are you happy with the quality? I’m building a similar set up and I’m a bit wary about buying off of the interweb, I like to suss out the quality first.

10. ha!, yeah i couldn't afford to even rent a garage that big in hong kong. its in UK!
    Small company outside Peterborough supplied and fitted all cabinets and lift.... and external enclosed compressor. fantastic faultless job. Run by ex motorcycle racer. expensive cabinets but superb quality. Rossi has a set too apparently!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Look like Sealey

12. I’m going to have to fix the floor tho. Needs a full screed, as it’s a bit lumpy where the concrete meets and the old floor, before it can have epoxy treatment

13. The cabinets are by a company called "NewAge". They used to sell them in Argos and I think still do in Costco.

https://newageproducts.com/

https://www.garagepride.co.uk/catal...3.0+Series+18+Gauge+Steel+7+Piece+Cabinet+Set

When buying, the lower the "gauge" number, the thicker the metal. So, 18 gauge is better quality than 30 gauge for example.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. I remember those being on costco and not a bad price a few years ago.

Do a good search if looking, Price varies massively.

15. I saw caninets that looked identical in the Machine Mart ad in this months Practical Bikes mag, Ill grab a photo for yiu

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. I meant to post this earlier for @SHarper sorry:pensive:

10E9C8C3-E22D-4D76-8F00-19BEE3A1EEAE.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Managed to drag together a lump of 4x2 and screw to the wall to keep the back up. Thanks to @chizel tip, i YouTubed how to get the drawers out and drilled holes to fix the worktop. I improvised with a piece of batten I had, to fill the gap at the top where another tool cabinet goes on.
    This evening I sorted my too;S. Why do I have 3 and 4 of every spanner?! And loads of old imperial ones?! So pared back, managed to get a full matching spanner set for both types and junked the rest. Same with sockets and screwdrivers. Have some of that foam stuff for drawers so tomorrow hope to be cutting the, out for neat storage. Done the drawer layout already, just need to cut & fit foam.

almost at the stage where I can start looking at moving on to the shed so I can get the stuff out that won’t live in the garage!

1st day of unemployment was a busy one :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Got some of this due tomorrow. Should be entertaining for a few hours doing some of the drawers. Hoping at least 4 from the 1200 sheet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information