1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Roller Door Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Phill748, Jun 13, 2018.

1. I don't have one at the moment, but put one on my last house. It was a single with the high speed motor and the thicker door. I think it came in at about £1350 5 years ago. I intend to replace the 2 doors on my current garage when funds allow, with Hormann doors.

They are the business. :upyeah: :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. I wish ! :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Bloody 'Autofill'. It just anticipates what I'm going to type, given my previous inputs. :pensive:

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. I had a hormann sectional door on my garage, they were insulated and that heavy they had to have a motor fitted to ease opening. I noticed some damage to them and they were replaced by the insurance co, the assessor said i was lucky i had such heavy doors as someone has backed into them with a towbar most likely to try and break in.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Thanks, that's a great shout and they supply the units being recommended here along with other options. I'll give them a shout and see if they want to come and quote.

Thanks to all for the comments, really appreciate it and given me lots to think about, in truth the doors I have are actually pretty solid but they are gapped all the way around and aren't insulated, plus it annoys me that I have a 2/3rd split opening which still means you have to open both and then the wind catches the big one really badly.

6. I like Hormann too. I have one of these.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. An update to an old thread,
    Just got the Hormann sectional electric door fitted a few days ago, 3m x 3m with the supramatic opener, Spent the day helping the guy fit it, Very nice quality bit of kit, Money well spent, Defo recommend one of these for anyone that's looking, Just a little concreting to do next week and alls good

• Like Like x 6
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. I have fitted an alarm sensor to mine, industrial aluminium sensor connected to veritas alarm so if door lifted when set it goes waaaaaa waaaaaa etc. Great secure doors indeed, great choice.

9. Forgot to add that with the remote control feature when i arrive home on the bike the garage door opens automatically .....this feature only seems to work when mrs idb is at home though

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. My old wooden sliding doors done that with no electric motor thanks to the Termignonis lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Just had double Herman door fitted . Great quality and highly recommended.

12. Jack999s, can I ask what it cost for your door/s to be fitted?

13. I fitted mine myself. It was dead easy but took two people. The door (garador, same as Hormann Rollmatic) came with very good instructions.

BTW, for the record, Garador "Customer Support" sucks arse.

14. If you are a Costco member their garage door service is excellent and exceptional value. had mine done this spring and very happy and it was not an easy job. Their fixed price policy really helped me on this.

15. My mother joined last week and left me a card when passing the other day. I may take a look. :eyes:

16. Hi mate, I had it fitted in April this year, There was a price increase in 2018 as can been seen on invoice, You can see the total price on invoice, Now mine also had the supermatic electric door opener fitted (£335) but isn't on invoice as I done a deal and saved on vat etc (saved around £75 paying cash for the electric opener) Just to add there was a Lot of extra work involved as my garage is wide an very high so there was supports/ beams etc added which normally isn't required, They never charged extra for that as I done a deal and helped with the install for the day so only the one guy from them was required,
    I couldn't be happier with the door tbh, Would be hard to beat for quality, Since then my dads also had the same door fitted but his was a lot smaller/ cheaper and quicker to install, His was only a one man job, He also saved on his promatic electrics paying cash

74450211_511646129414989_4345823419636383744_n.jpg

17. and this was £2500

18. Side sliding would mean loss of use for storage/racking/ shelving of the side of the garage where the door opens into.

19. 2.5k Pounds, how long did you get to keep her for?

20. +1 for Hormann, feels pretty well made and has the added benefits of security, insulation (garage is a lot warmer and less drafty that it was before) and gave me an extra 4ft of wall space either side for storage than the up and over door.

I think I’m going to look at installing a WiFi enabled controller to lock it down/ control it when I’m away: The missus has a terrible habit of leaving her car keys with remote attached where the toddler can find it, or she hits the button to closes it but hasn’t put something away properly and its safety mechanism prevents it from closing properly, of course she just walks off and doesn’t bother to check it’s shut properly.. :mad: Cameras cover the garage from a couple of angles so she usually received a very short call to resolve the matter..

#40 MDUBZ, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information