1200 Garmin Sat Nav Power Lead.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by P4ULG, May 5, 2017.

1. Has anyone had to replace this unit ?
    I keep getting a power disconnected and have checked all wiring. Everything is secured and good and the sat nav connector on the rear look good too. Thinking the box may be on its way out !! Also getting battery low alert even though when the sat nav is removed it's got half bar of power.
    Anyone had similar ?
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I've had two Garmin power cables fail. The first one had a broken wire/connection in where the cable entered the back of the cradle - that was on a Zumo 350. The second one was on a Zumo 390 and was a little weird. The Zumo would light up when mounted and the ignition was switched on, but it failed to charge. I contacted Garmin and they said it must be a faulty GPS unit, so I sent it back and they replaced it with a Zumo 395. Guess what? The same thing happened. I changed the power cable out for a new one and it worked just fine. So I innocently got a free upgrade!

• Like Like x 1
  3. There was another poster on the forum who had an issue and had to resort to using the USB port for bike power.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Have a look at the 2 little brass coloured pins that make contact with the GPS unit, one of my got bent so therevwas poor contact. A bit of soldering cured it only for a while till it broke off.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeh I seen that one. Still not sure why that came about with that fault other than a current draw which I don't think they are smart enough for yet.

6. Yeh checked these out. They are still both springing back in and out so pins look good. Thanks though [emoji106]

7. I'm getting this on my 395. I just assumed it was happening since I jet washed the bike once . I have another cable so might try swapping it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Before anything check your units battery. I had my 590 power on and off numerous times when on the cradle. Changed battery and all sorted

9. Just replaced battery a few weeks ago for genuine yuasa oem.
    And it's into the harness with the Ducati plug and no loose connections. Hence thinking it's the box.
    Still awaiting garmin support to respond to my query.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not the bike's battery. The gps battery

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tried a mates garmin today and does he same so confirmed that it's specific to my bike. Will get one ordered up and let you guys know [emoji106]

12. My Garmin was failing to charge. No power on bike socket. The shop had worked on bike and unplugged the dash power socket under the panel and forgot to plug back in. Fixed easily.

• Like Like x 1
  13. My Garmin 350 did the same, charging then not. Turned out to be a broken wire

• Like Like x 1
  14. I replaced the cable yesterday and tested it today. No issues with lost power :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information