1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gatwick

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Birdie, Dec 20, 2018.

1. It's apparently illegal to bring a drone down in the UK as it's classified as an aircraft.

Once again those in power show themselves to be complete and utter fuckwits.

These are the sort of instances that could bring an airline to its knees.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Maybe illegal for the general public to bring down someone elses drone for no reason, but I'd imagine the cops, army, or whoever, will be told to get the thing out of the air at all costs.

Stuart

3. We use a system that jams the drones video and control frequencies, only down side is they fall out of the sky on things.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Would you believe 40 mtrs and it was walking? (And really fat)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Use a netgun, skip to 2.20 to get the idea.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I’m going with, some bloke who’s mother in law is flying in for Christmas...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Someone must have seen them returning to the operator, apparently there were over 50 flights and more than one drone, I can't believe that one hasn't been seen landing.
    Steve

8. Chiz did well to stay on it without being seen, handy them seat belts

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. So the military anti terror budget has been increased by 50 billion to fight against drone toys. They have been made illegal and this morning the PM declared that no one is to be harmed but open to a referendum, Farage blames the EU and Corbyn said he doesn't believe the Russians were involved. Abbott claims this will cost 55 and 52 and 9 pound of tax payers money but later she reported that she didn't read the report.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. AA8F670A-EBB1-488C-B195-1CB267D1A904.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I work with a nice Persian chap from Irania who said a similar thing happened in Tehran about 5 years ago, drone heading towards middle of city where all important punters are (parliament and the like), was spotted by some security Herbert and immediately taken down by small surface to air missile - that's how yo do it :upyeah:

12. They won't be able to get rid of the drones.

They have always been a problem.

Look at this forum for example, particularly the Brexit threads.

On and on and on and on........

;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. But you said 'on the run'.

You mean you were running?

What? Away from it?

How is Ray Doyle by the way? I hear he has become a Judge.

(Surely not a judge in a shooting competition, though).

14. https://apple.news/AYxMhIsAIRAyEOt_TyJDcDw

If found, tried and found guilty. They should;
    Be imporsoned for at least 10 years (so 20 year term given its always half anyway)
    Make them cover all costs for all passengers. Gatwick, airlines, which they probably can’t
    All assets (tough if they have a family) seized and sold to be shared amongst those affected

And do them under the terrorise act so, when they eventually leave prison, they have no chance of a future life.

Merry Christmas

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Apparently they have suspended flights again now

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Yep a few reports of it returning, airport now shut.

17. Well it's NOT me this time;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. there are rumours that there has been a drone sighting at Leeds/ Bradford airport..3 passengers have been delayed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. i only look wee from a distance....

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information