1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gatwick

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Birdie, Dec 20, 2018.

1. You wouldn't believe what drones are capable of with the right software, my son uses one for his surveying business, among many uses he does a stock take of a brick factory, it can do in two hours what would take the yard forman three days.

2. They are missing a trick, train the yard foreman how to pilot a drone then buy him one :upyeah:

3. But planes flew through the twin towers and the pentagon.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. The caa licence was £1,800 three years ago the software to do this job cost £4,000 then the cost of the drone itself. He does surveying work of the quarry while he's there and often sends the drone over the factory roof, puts a video of the roof onto a memory stick for the maintenance team to check.

5. Yeah I bet, I was joking though

• Like Like x 1
  6. Haven't the police and the press learned anything from the high profile Cliff Richard f##kup a few years ago: unamused::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. On the plus side the poor couple should be able organise a comfortable retirement with drones en mass after the legal eagles and red tops have finished :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. in fairness i think they just randomly pounced on some poor unsuspecting couple at random within 5 miles of the airport..well it was either that or do nothing!:rolleyes:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Technically, the Twin Towers absorbed those 2 airliners, although I seem to remember some engines did make it out of the other side. :thinkingface:

10. I'm not getting into this lol

11. Apparently Andrex have come up with a solution.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Dude, his trajectory prediction is legendary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. So.....according to reports this morning, police are saying there is no evidence of any drones actually being there...and are defending their actions....

So if there aren’t, who gets fired? Clearly the risk management was way off kilter.

We can spot a taliban mortar gun from space but cant tell if its a drone form 100 foot...!

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. or they actually said,

Sussex Police Detective Chief Superintendent Jason Tingley told Sky News that officers had recovered a damaged drone on the north perimeter of the airport in Horley.

He said: "Obviously we will be doing everything we can with regards to forensically examining that drone and that is something that is being fast-tracked and expedited."

He was later asked about speculation that there was never a drone in the first place and he said: "Of course, that's a possibility.

"We are working with human beings saying they have seen something."

But he clarified that police were still "actively investigating sightings of drone activity" at the airport after 67 reports from the public, passengers, police officers and airport staff between 19 December and 21 December.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Reports my arse, red flag bullshit.

• Love You Love You x 1
  16. So they close an airport because of something people may have seen. No evidence. At all.

interesting action. Wonder who too that risk assessment that closing was needed based on the non-established eye witness report. I’d imagine it must have been a Gatwick employee?

17. Wasn’t there video footage ?

18. So what would you do.... dammed if you do dammed if you don't! tell me how they could win? unfortunately thats the numpty public you have to deal with...

19. I tried finding some, nope. If if fi d some post it up please

20. Get paid the big bucks; make the big decisions.

What may turn out to be a very poor decision.

I’m sure they get bomb the rates and stuff all the time, and make a risk based choice on how they react. Also sure it’s the same if they have times of the year with migrating birds; you can bet they assess gaps and delayed based on likelihood of bird collisions

Do Not Sell My Personal Information