1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G'day!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Pete T, Mar 4, 2020.

1. welcome - at 62, you've lowered the average age group of the rest of us old farts .

I'm just about to take the "Toygirl" out for a ride

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to the forum.

I did the drive from Sydney to Phillip Island last year, with a few detours to take in Kangaroo Valley etc. It’s a decent road and the NSW & Vic states seem to be pumping money in to improving them.

How do you manage with the speed limits, most of it roads seemed to be 80-100k’s and loads of cameras?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Those limits are enforced. In my State of NSW cameras must be sign-posted so that helps. If traffic is free flowing but everybody is sticking to the limit then there's usually a reason. But it's a big country and there are opportunities to up the pace where the risk of getting nabbed is less likely. You get a feel for when and where. Of course if you play the game then be prepared to pay for the privilege.

• Like Like x 1
  4. We were heading over to Sydney with my Mrs job in May, sold my Multi and Scrambler with a view to buying when we get out there, if we ever get to leave the house again?!!!

5. OK my big news...on Friday I bit the bullet. Rang my dealer expecting he'd tell me we wouldn't see any 2020s until the factory re-opens in Italy. Surprised to hear he had one standing in front of him (sold) and two more were on a ship on their way. A BIG surprise was the price, AUD $40490, is just $500 more than it was a year ago. The AUD has crashed against the Euro and I was expecting a big rise. So 3 years of bike shopping is finally over, paid a deposit, and locked in a V4S.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Life is getting seriously restrictive over here. Discouragement has not worked so in an attempt to prevent social gatherings from tomorrow pubs, clubs, gyms and churches will be required to shut down. More non-essential businesses may be required to close. Recession is not just likely, it's expected. I'm fortunate to be able to purchase a bike but actually taking delivery might be a problem.

7. Not often that I get to contribute "youth" these days. I'm not the oldest in my football team either but that's splitting hairs. You look like the man who has everything - beautiful outfit, hot babe, I do like that helmet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ah thank you; empathy, understanding, backhander - it's all there. Kiwis are so welcoming. Yes I think you're spot on. Excitement is building. I just hope this virus doesn't spoil the party.

9. I've long been aware that Ducatisti are a special bunch. Comes as no surprise there should be the odd peculiar fetish. Certainly a refreshing change from requests for nude selfies with the inevitable disappointment. Bins huh? On my to do list.

10. You've just planted a thought. Might go out tomorrow and purchase a case of Carlsberg to celebrate.

11. Yeah, same here Pete, future is uncertain on a global scale! It’s like wartime without the bombs. Stay safe and maybe some time meet you for a blast, Nige

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yep this sort of thing really gets the juices flowing :)
    9FC70FA5-EDE9-4FDF-8B39-7187DFB8489D.png

• Like Like x 1
  13. Looks like a solution that exacerbates the problem!

14. 2 days down, 3 days at the track, 2 days back. But you're right it's ridiculous. Problem is for Phillip Island you have to pack for freezing cold, blazing heat, torrential rain and howling wind all on the same day...which is my feeble excuse for packing way too much.

15. Hi and welcome

• Like Like x 1
  16. I can see where 3 wheels might come in handy.

17. Hello and welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  18. G’Day and welcome ...I’m hopefully doing another afterburner day at the island next year:D something to look forward to:upyeah: enjoy the V4 when it arrives :cool:

19. ..surely we've reached peak Aussies!!!!!!11111

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Thank you it's here and it's brilliant!
    20200327_145419.jpg

• Like Like x 8
Do Not Sell My Personal Information