1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gearbox Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dansrockin, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Tell her it’s 2018, we no longer submit to gender stereotypes and you have as much right to use the kitchen as she does. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. If I did that, I'd guarantee there's be a huge pile of engine parts all over the kitchen floor and garden by the time I got back from work one day!

3. if you have a garden buy a cheap frame tent and do it in there

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Im just off the A1 about 6 miles N of Newark on Trent

• Like Like x 1
  5. Another option would be to have the whole engine from me and change the left hand crank case.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 7F437A0C-8A04-4966-8E6C-EBEA91CA7D9A.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'll get in touch mate, I think I may have someone wanting to buy my bike as it is, they may take you up on the gearbox or engine. If they don't have it, I'll be in touch myself about it. How much would you be looking at for the engine? I'm guessing I'd need an ECU to match up to it to get it running at its best? I know Derek said it's doable, but a proper map would make the most sense.

8. I was going to let you have it less the alternator just to help y

• Like Like x 1
  9. I was going to let you have it less the alternator just to help a fellow ducati owner if you were wanting to keep the bike.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Better still, let her cook n wash-up out there

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Surely @Tim K should get some sort of Ducati Forum member of the year award for that offer ?

What do you think @Dansrockin ?

( see post #49 above)

#51 Alan williams, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Definitely! That is truly is an outstanding offer. I can't believe the generosity of some people! A real gent!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. That's such a generous offer mate! Thankyou!
    Let me see what happens tomorrow, this guy with the sprint is supposed to be coming up at lunchtime, but if he doesn't I'll take you up on that offer for definite!
    Thankyou again!

14. Youre welcome,

• Like Like x 5
  15. Hi Dansrockin, did you sell the bike yet?
    I'm about to purchase one that is very similar to yours, does/did your Reg end with UVM? What a freaky coincidence if it the same one!!!

16. Hi, yes mine did end in uvm. I swapped it with some dodgy b@@@@@d for a triumph sprint st. I say dodgy because 20 miles after me getting the bike that he delivered to my house, the cam chain snapped. Turns out the cam chain tensioner had been bodged with epoxy, along with a whole host of other issues that I found. I messaged him straight away as he'd told me he'd given the bike a good service, and apart from a couple of minor cosmetic issues, the bike was an excellent runner, his reply was basically it's your bike now, tough sh!t, you deal with it. Then he blocked me!
    Pm me if you want, I'd be interested to find out how much he's selling it to you for, I'd put it up for 1200, and the bike he swapped for it was only worth around 1000 at best.
    If the bike is as it was when I had it, then apart from the gearbox and a few other minor bits, it's a good bike and ihopeI you get it back on the road.

17. Hey bud, it's the same bike. It's priced at 2250 but he will 'give' it to me for 1k, delivered. I've just sold my '83 Honda so will still go for your bike. I need to learn about gearboxes, and the reward will be great . As my dad would say, keep a cool tool, kind regards, S

18. Cool, at least it'll end up with someone who will appreciate it! I can't believe he's advertised it for that much! I didn't even pay that for it when it was working! I just hope he's left the silencers on that I put on. They were custom made ones by baines racing, sound amazing! Hope it works out for you!

19. Hi Tim, It so happens that I bought Dan's bike and am in the process of stripping it right down. Will your kind offer of the ST4 gearbox apply for me? If so I'll collect asap. Let me know your address, if OK.
    The bike is exactly as Dan described it, and it's going to be a long expensive repair, but...… I knew that!
    Dan, you bike is still lovely and has found a loving home with me.
    Regards,
    ST

• Like Like x 1
  20. Excellent, hope you manage to get it fixed up and back on the road! I'd appreciate it if you could keep me updated when you strip it down and find out what actually went with it!
    Good luck!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information