1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gearing For Track

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cream_Revenge, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Most people gear for 5th on the straight at Mallory but that is a consequence of gearing for the rest of the track really.

2. That's a relief!!!:weary_face:

3. Well, given my speedo is so massively out, I suspect I am one down and 2 up at least on the rear!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’d imagine its as much for the hairpin and holding a gear through the long righthander.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. No, you won't do. Unless you're on a Gas Gas or something. It's pretty much been covered, you can't set up a bike for all tracks. There'll be gains and losses all over the shop with gearing and suspension.
    Ducati make me laugh with their 'road bikes' My V4S has a race box, end of. It eats gears on the gas, close ratio and you have to feed them in quickly. I was hitting 6th halfway down (maybe a touch past halfway) the main straight at Valencia. I believe the electronics allow a higher rev ceiling in 6th. But of course we're all jumping on the brakes before we find out.
    You'll notice in MotoGP that if an upshift is required just before a brake point, they just hold it on the limiter for that second or two instead of going up and coming down again. The little fuckers....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information