1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gen 3 S1000rr Or New Model Gsxr1000?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Jul 16, 2020.

1. More than welcome to take mine out for the day if you want to try a 'loose' example :D that's already had the geo changed....

• Like Like x 2
  2. Looking on eBay, you can get a 2015 gixer for under 8k!!! Thing is, by time I’ve spent a grand on TC module and QS, I have spent the sot of a s1000rr gen 2

@Dave ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. The Gen3 bimmer was a sizeable improvement over the 2 in terms of electronics Pauly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Facebook reminded me 3 years ago I was at my sons graduation in Bangor. Which means yesterday its was 3 years since my last track excursion and my trip to hospital. And bike still in garage not quite finished....

5. Bradders take up the offer of a go on a new GSXR you will be amazed how good they are. There is a reason the 2015 bike is under 8K and I personally wouldn't trust an older BMW.

I know people having trouble with a Gen 2 and a Gen 4. The Gen 4 is under warranty but BMW don't want to know because it has been remapped.

I know you get good and bad reports on every bike but I haven't heard a bad thing said about the new GSXR.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. My Donington outing this month was my first in nearly 2 years apart from 3 fateful laps of Aragon. When I got back on track it was like I'd never been off it other than I couldn't walk the next day. o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. You do. Trouble is it’s like getting a colour telly. You get used to it and can’t go back to black and white...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I have test ridden both, preferred the GSX over the BMW because it was a better road bike which is what i want it to be first, much more torque lower in the rev range and quieter too. I will be buying one later this year after finishing using my GS for touring:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Interesting that you say that. My Gen3 I didn't feel like I could enjoy it on the road and found it a bit bland despite being a very good tool.

The GSXR I enjoy at low speeds as well as high speed. It certainly has more character

• Like Like x 2
  10. That’s where the brufen comes in, Nick. I once had a banging hangover at Almeria (I know, I know).... I fired some brufen down. Didn’t touch my hangover but legs felt great!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I did 24k on my K6, and apart from it feeling a bit down on power the engine sounded and felt fine. Did less than half that on the BMW. May be nonsense, but I felt the extra 30+ bhp used regularly, may have brought some expense at some point. I'd feel the same about a GSX-R1000R too.

12. I take the stuff before I ride, just to be prepared ;)

I used to take super strong co codomol, have a 20 min nap (they made me drowsy) before races started as brain and sense was always left in the paddock when racing ;)

13. Should have taken a line of charlie to even things up a bit :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Only take drugs I can get from a real chemist ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I'm seriously considering a new GSX-R1000R. Best price for a 2020 model seems to be around £15k, anyone seen them cheaper? I'd wait until the summer is over, but I'm told there's not a lot left in the country.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. They have been doing some killer 0% deals, so not surprised if they have limited stock. 2019 my seem about 12k ish for an R

17. Christ, that’s cheap!

18. Seen some new 2019 bikes for about £13k, weren't there some updates for 2020? I think Suzuki were giving a £500 contribution, but that ended last week. I don't need the finance, but I'd take it temporarily for the £500.

19. You would have to say that at the moment the gixxa deal seems a very good deal on a very good bike

• Like Like x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  20. bradders are you any closer to deciding what to buy?

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information