1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gen 3 S1000rr Or New Model Gsxr1000?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Kind of. If I buy the bike I’ve bid on it’s probably a gen 2 RR with the remainder of my budget

• Like Like x 1
  2. got many splinters in his botty

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Apart from the ABS unit nothing failed on mine in 6 years. I'd be twitchy about buying one without the BMW warranty though....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Seems £15k is as low as they go for a 2020 bike. The yanks were throwing in a Yoshi can for a while, wonder if Suzuki will do that over here? Feckers did a couple of weeks after I bought my K6 :mad:.

5. Spoken to PowerSlide?

UK were doing Yoshi cans for a while as well but not anymore.

6. Too far away from me. I don't like buying a bike from one dealer, and turning up for servicing at another.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Why's that? Makes no odds mate.

Powerslide are 5+ hours away from me

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I’m with you on this tbh. I’ve paid more for new Ducati’s and BMW from local than further away. Imho local support is two ways: they need to squeeze you in, they tend to help more IME

9. There's a Suzuki dealer 15 minutes from me, I've known them donkeys years. They're still around because they're straight with people. I wouldn't have the neck to turn up with a Suzuki from miles away. Call me old fashioned if you like.

• Like Like x 1
  10. If business owners are straight, honest and genuine, whilst being efficient, then they will never go out of business, if smart with their books and save for rainy days.

But business is business and if the locals aren’t cheaper with the dealers 300+ miles away, then unlucky sunshine.....

My last 2 bikes, bought without seeing (after doing Due Diligence on Companies House, Google, name of owner), sent to my house and serviced locally for ease.

In fact, I’ve had the Suzuki a month and I haven’t even ridden it yet.

With the “buy local and take local” mentality, will only cost you in the long run. That mentality is long gone and for the better of your own wallet, I’d say. That’s like accepting your automatic insurance renewal as the cheapest quote......

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I can see Bradders is the kind of person who, when out with friends at a restaurant, by the time he’s decided what to eat on the bastard menu, there will be no fossil fuel left.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. I bought her indoors a brand new Fiesta ST through a broker 6 years ago. Had the choice of the supplying Ford dealer being 250 miles away, and the car turning up on a transporter. Or for an extra £100 picking it up in person from a Ford Dealer 15 miles away. I'm tight, but not that fooking stingy.

13. Totally true mate. Unfortunately it means I also normally pay ;)

Stage one bike being collected tomorrow....stage 2 a gen 3 will be picked up when prices drop over winter ;)

• Like Like x 1

14. Commiserations :kissing_heart::mask:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. TBF with a gixer, by Jan a 2019 model may only be 8 grand :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. Heard of insurance comparison sites?

17. There's a 0 mile pre registered 2020 R for £13.5 in a nearby dealers, I can't be doing with white though.

18. to be brutally honest, on 0% pcp.. it doesn’t bother me much ha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. So true!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Where?

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information