1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gen1 Or Gen2

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Lazzzydog, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Have to agree, the Harley screen needs to go o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Something like these.... Much betterer !! :upyeah:

7231989526_904c947972.jpg s-l300.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. I had the DP one on my Diavel, did a reasonable job of keeping the wind off me, and looks way better than that Harley Ferguson jobbie. Once you get to licence removal speeds and above a naked bike gets a bit uncomfy anyways so you may as well go for looks. Just my thoughts.

Stuart

4. Have to agree.

I have the stock screen on my Gen 2, looks good and I use it as a guide to my speed, without having to look at the speedo. I can tell how quick I'm going by the wind buffeting etc acceptable up to 95ish, when the buffeting get s worse, you know your 100+

5. I have the PUIG adjustable
    screen in black fitted to my '13 Dark...
    at "Warp Factor #". it's essential!.
    Got her MOT'd saturday,and had both MAP sensors replaced...made a huge difference in fuelling...not so jerky on the throttle

6. You know what, I'm sure I have one of them in me garage if the OP is interested...

Stuart

7. f

I may be interested. If you have a photo of the bike with it on post it up with a price.

8. Bikes gone I'm afraid, but you can see what they look like on the Diavel here

Its adjustable so you can set it on the go to whatever angle you want. £50

Stuart

9. That screean is for a Gen 1 with the round headlight, I do not think it will fit my bike but I do not think it is any prettier than the one I have already, so thanks but not for me.
    So far I have 500 or thereabouts miles under the wheels and the bike just gets better. Lumpy as f**k unless you keep the revs up and whoever said it corners like a sports bike has never ridden a sports bike properly, BUT, it is addictive in its own way! The forks are totally crap, full stop. I think they can be rescued with some decent springs and I will let Maxton rebuild them at some point in the future but for now on the road they will do. The rear shock is way better than I had been lead to believe from posts on here but actually it is quite compliant and reacts well to minor adjustments. I do not ride mega hard on the road but on the odd occasion I have pressed on the back end has behaved and it is only the front that has given cause for concern. I have to say that for everyday use the forks are maybe over sprung and the rear needs careful setting but as a cruiser straight from the factory it is very close to perfection. Other opinions are welcome but obviously you are wrong!
    Ps. I took the wife out for a quick test ride on Saturday to take some bits to a Multi owning friend and she was actually quite comfortable which came as a welcome surprise.

10. Sorry , yes . Buying Puig adjustable screen tom , does the Puig new generation Touring screen fit the 2012 Diavel ??

11. I have 1000 miles on the Diavel now and I think I have made a good choice. I am surprised at how much attention it gets at the regular cafes we haunt on our trips out and there seem to be plenty of potential buyers out there thinking about getting one.
    Sorry for coming over all Billy Big Bollocks on earlier posts about the suspension. Alcohol and the keyboard are a bad mix and I should be old enough and ugly enough to realise that what suits a pie eater like me does not suit another rider with a racing snake figure.
    The fuel gauge has not worked from day one and I bought private so £68 for a sender is a bit of a bugger but that must be the Ducati effect, I am sure it will be a very stylish fuel gauge sender!
    So to sum up so far, it’s a great bike with good build quality, plenty of grunt, good handling, decent fuel economy and a fantastic image ridden by an old duffer with too much time on his hands. Thanks for reading if you got this far.
    PS. It’s got a pig ugly screen but I have put a Ducati badge on it.

12. Don’t suppose you still have it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information